Translate

Friday, May 18, 2012

Day 888 of Giving Thanks

These past few weeks, I have felt like my life was not mine in a different way. I know that my life is His, and I grateful for that. Work has been crazy, boundaries have not existed and today I sit here thoroughly exhausted and truly ready for rest, which is still not going to come (yet). I have to submit daily to remembering whose I am, and that the enemy lies and works hard for me to hear them, and adhere to them. Help me LORD to wholly submit all things.

“Let us love, but have no dealing with lies - I was overjoyed to find some of your children living the life of truth, as the Father himself instructed us. I beg you now, dear lady, not as though I were issuing any new order but simply reminding you of the original one, to see that we continue to love one another. Real love means obeying the Father’s orders, and you have known from the beginning that you must live in obedience to him.” ~2 John 1:4-6 (J.B. Phillips New Testament)

My job is not me; but I must remember what I represent through my job. With this said, I am to honor God in all I do on a daily basis. I am to be Jesus daily. As I reached a breaking point today, I thought of Jesus overturning tables in the temple. Was His anger warranted, acceptable? Of course - Jesus, although fully man, reacted in the strength and wisdom of the Holy Spirit. Now, as I reflect again on my "actions" from earlier this week, I wonder, is my frustration warranted, acceptable?

Much prayer will continue as I contemplate further actions. Identifying the real issue seems to be the issue for me. So, what is my prayer? I pray heavenly Father for wisdom and clarity of heart as I continue on this quest to discover where You truly want me, what You will have me do.

My past is full of wrong decisions, indecisions and misconceptions. Why would I ever want to go back there? I have an opportunity to live in today, move through the present in strength and clarity and wisdom in the perfect power of the Holy Spirit. The past has nothing for me... the present is everything!

Living in the past has sucked the life right out of me. This life here is definitely a journey, one that has been a wonderful experience. It is only through the Holy Spirit, the perfect strength of my mighty Creator that will see me through all struggles, wariness, brokenness and illness. In my heart I know, “submit”… in my thoughts I hear, “submit”… and that is what I am to do. And, yes, LORD, I submit in Your strength alone.

So, again, with this said I must move forward. These last weeks are the past. I must move forward and take my rest in the LORD as the LORD desires it to happen.

Rest.... rest!


© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me