Translate

Monday, May 28, 2012

Day 893 of Giving Thanks

As I sit in one of my favorite spots, sipping a latte, I am comforted greatly in my heart knowing that I have a helper, protector and teacher with me always. As I sit taking in all my surroundings, watching people, hearing bits and pieces of others’ lives through their words, I realize that my internal conversations have greatly changed from times before. Much of my life was spent comparing, wondering, “What if I had done this, followed that pursuit”, rather than dwelling in the possibilities that this path is the one with all the potential. He answers those who talk to Him, who seek Him and trust Him.

I love my life… the daily proposition of possibilities. I have so learned to savor much, and drink in all that God has for me.

It's not about the daily mantras or the spoken word of others, it is all about the Holy Spirit moving your every step, inviting you closer to the LORD, correcting what is not of God, encouraging what is God's, whispering "yes" when appropriate, and "seek Me" more when we are not hearing Him. Step in faith, and know that is only possible with God in charge.

Yesterday, traditionally a day of worship, and I had a thought. Wouldn't it be amazing if we all woke up every day and made every day the day of worship? Wouldn't it be great if those of the world saw true change in those of the church? That every moment we would reflect the work of Christ in our lives? Shine hope and joy no matter what is going on around us?

Sometimes it's a matter of ignoring bad behavior, and reveling in the good when it comes to an unbelieving spouse. That's the case for me anyway. When the "rumblings of the enemy" begin, I have to focus inward, to the LORD in me, rather than outward which is the enemy surrounding.

I have started to do this, and in the middle of the attack, I internally plead with the LORD and rebuke Satan's attempts, while praising the LORD's work thus far in my relationship.

Father, let me hear You clearly now. I don't want to be deceived or distracted or detoured from what you have for me. Help me to see all the doors that are open FOR ME, all the openings that are set aside for me. Let me honor You through this life. Let me hear every detail, and let every moment be Yours. He answers those who talk to Him, who seek Him and trust Him.

I see that "as God's people", we expect to keep asking God to do this and that for us... And although His grace is free, salvation is assured and comes without any work on our part, we are free now and I know that it is God's desire for us to give to others. I believe when we spend so much time asking God to fix and do, we miss on the blessings of us doing for others, which will ultimately remedy our own needs and wants through satisfaction of work. A work that is given out of gratitude that we are saved, loved and favored.

The true gift is learning to live today, be grateful for what we already have and watch God show us what our true needs and desires are for our life, according to His will.

Today, rather than asking God to do, ask God who you can give to.

There are so many who are "sad" and live a life of hopelessness. But, we can all have a happy ending. If you are a believer, you have hope in knowing that the LORD is always available. We can all choose how to move forward, even with a past that is filled with hurt and pain, abuse and dysfunction. Jesus did all the heavy lifting, we just have to believe He did it for us. I have a very different approach to healing. I believe we are never to dwell in the past, and always live in the moment... with all the hope that Jesus has given us.

I am grateful for His Word, and today, it is Galatians.


Live by the Spirit and Reject the Deeds of the Flesh
“But I say, live by the Spirit, and you will never carry out the desire of the flesh. For the flesh desires against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh, for these are in opposition to one another, so that whatever you want, you may not do these things. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.“Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are sexual immorality, impurity, licentiousness, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, factions, envy, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, things which I am telling you in advance, just as I said before, that the ones who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control. Against such things there is no law.  Now those who belong to Christ have crucified the flesh together with its feelings and its desires.” ~Galatians 5:16-25 (Lexham English Bible)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me