Translate

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Day 885 of Giving Thanks

Have you ever "felt" you were in the wrong place? I have been thinking about that a lot lately. After much prayer and asking, I have realized that I am where I am until God moves me. For almost four years I have been asking for a new job; for no other reason than to “be paid what I am worth”… and I am basing that on my past. Now, as I reflect on this again tonight, I am convinced that it is my perspective that needs to change. I am very fortunate, I work in ministry; I can “freely” pray, listen to worship music and watch God work out many things in the course of a workday. During these years, although I love the ministry I have looked at things incorrectly, and have not always remembered who I truly work for.

Today, with new eyes and after an extremely long two months of hard, long hours, I know that I am in the right place but have had the wrong thinking... So often I have asked God to move me from a circumstance, and today, I know that I need to just continue to ask Him to help me change perspective!!!  Being content means - finding joy in all we do, and shining the love of the LORD as we wait on Him.

We have been praying for wisdom with a family matter during these past few months as well; isn’t it amazing that God shines the light exactly where I need it?

"But anyone who needs wisdom should ask God, whose very nature is to give to everyone without a second thought, without keeping score. Wisdom will certainly be given to those who ask." ~James 1:5 Common English Bible (Common English Bible)

Thankfulness comes from understanding what we have that we have nothing to do with - God's love (unending, yet undeserved); God's plan for our life (always perfect, though we are imperfect); God's wisdom through the Holy Spirit, although we dismiss it so often (He draws us continuously).

God is here for all of us, we just have to listen for Him, be obedient to His will for our life and aware of His presence.

Today is always a new day to begin again and improve on the previous days. I am grateful for all the changes that God has so wonderfully orchestrated in my life. I am grateful for all the changes that I so earnestly desire to see through with God in charge.

I no longer “feel” like I am in the wrong place; I believe I am in the perfect place to see God work miracles in me and through me.

I revel in Jesus’ words to change, seek heaven… be His; know that I am a new creation and as His creation; because He is unchanging, I can change in the perfect strength and depending on Him, will not grow weary. (Matthew 4:17, 2 Corinthians 5:17, Ephesians 2:10)

“Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.”  ~Isaiah 40:31 (New American Standard Bible)
“But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up [close to God] as eagles [mount up to the sun]; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired.”  ~Isaiah 40:31 (Amplified Bible)



© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me