Translate

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 895 of Giving Thanks

He took the cup... He took the bread...

He took the punishment for me. O' LORD, how great is Your plan, how great is the deed. My heart breaks to know that because of me Jesus endured more than humanly possible.

“God, I will keep the special promises I made to you. I will give you my thank offering. You saved me from death. You kept me from being defeated. So I will serve you in the light that only the living can see.” ~Psalm 56:12-13 (Easy to Read Version)

The words are indescribable for me. He has done an amazing work in my life, in me and with those I love.

"After taking a cup and giving thanks, he said, “Take this and share it among yourselves. I tell you that from now on I won’t drink from the fruit of the vine until God’s kingdom has come.” After taking the bread and giving thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.” In the same way, he took the cup after the meal and said, “This cup is the new covenant by my blood, which is poured out for you." Luke 22:17-20 (Common English Bible)

Before He rose, He told.

The only way to see the truth is by reading the truth. We must be in the Word to know His word for each of us.

It is when I decided to believe through my actions, what I already knew deep in my heart, that my life was truly His. I pray daily that I never see the days before the LORD again. I pray for strength and courage to be in His will and to walk His path for my life.

We have worked on our house continuously since we purchased it, and it has truly transformed. Yesterday, as I relaxed for a while, I looked around at all we have done, while knowing that we have much more to do, yet realized that's how God must look at each of us. Although much has been completed in us, He still has more to do and we have so much to learn. Isn't it a wonderful thing to know that through His work, we are always worked on and one day will be perfected, but all we need has already been accomplished?

Thank You for being here for my every waking moment; as I go through each day and settle in to rest.

Thankful for this remarkable opportunity daily to worship my King, and share with others the amazing love I have been freely given. Would you join me?




© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me