Translate

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day 896 of Giving Thanks

“Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving; Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms.” ~Psalm 95:1 (New King James Version)

We often come to You LORD in our brokenness and our pain asking for Your healing, restoration and hope to flood over us. Tonight I would like to come differently, in hope with joy in my heart for all that You have done, for all that You reveal to us. I pray for those who are broken and in great need tonight, but I also boldly come to You in hopes that many will come in sincere gratitude. I pray for hearts of rejoicing, and hearts that are open to the blessings that are all around us and ready to be accepted. Jesus, thank You... in the power of the Holy Spirit let us all be transformed into children of gratitude and disciples of faith. Amen.

“The LORD is close to the brokenhearted  and saves those who are crushed in spirit. ~Psalm 34:18 (New International Version)

Triumphant... Victorious! That's our life as children of God.

You have to love God first, in order to love yourself… this is not pride or ego, it’s honoring God for His creation; you. Gratitude is truly a habit, one I would recommend getting into. And I am very grateful for this habit.

LORD, thank You for drawing me near - through all the good and the bad, through our disobedience and sin. Thank You for forgiveness that is so undeserving. I love You Father. Thank You that I no longer rate my days by the pain levels... that is definitely a God thing.

You have to love God first, in order to love yourself… this is not pride or ego, it’s honoring God for His creation; you.

I do come before the LORD daily, but I am His wholly because I am His. Yet, even more to be grateful for. And, today, I ponder amazing Word in the process.

“Shout triumphantly to the LORD, all the earth! Serve the LORD with celebration! Come before him with shouts of joy!Know that the LORD is God—He made us; we belong to Him. We are His people,  the sheep of His own pasture.Enter his gates with thanks; enter his courtyards with praise! Thank him! Bless his name!Because the LORD is good, His loyal love lasts forever; His faithfulness lasts generation after generation.” ~Psalm 100:1-5 (Common English Bible)
What does the LORD require?‘With what should I approach the LORD and bow down before God on high? Should I come before him with entirely burned offerings, with year-old calves?Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams,with many torrents of oil?Should I give my oldest child for my crime; the fruit of my body for the sin of my spirit?He has told you, human one, what is good and what the LORD requires from you: to do justice, embrace faithful love, and walk humbly with your God.” ~Micah 6:6-8 (Common English Bible)

© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me