Translate

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day 898 of Giving Thanks

You are my God... daily I ask to die to myself and live for You... Today my freedoms and ability to pray in public or private are secure, so I pray for those who do not have liberties or freedoms to worship freely -- we pray for them. That they too will die to self daily and be wholly Yours.

What do I want?

I want a Jesus filled, Christ-like husband.
I want to be confirmed, encouraged and edified.
I want to help others be loved and encouraged when are not doing it.
I want a totally transformed and fulfilled life.
I want to know love and true adoration through the Spirit.

How can this happen?
God! Nothing more, nothing less... God!

I need to follow God's lead, get disciplined and stay connected.

"Do not let your heart be troubled...", came into my mind as I poured back through an old journal and read such an encouraging word... these are the words I hear often from the Holy Spirit.

"Do not let your hearts be troubled (distressed, agitated). You believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely on God; believe in and adhere to and trust in and rely also on Me." John 14:1 (Amplified Bible)

And, just a few lines down, we are reminded of His assurances.

"Peace I leave with you; My [own] peace I now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. [Stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled.]" ~John 14:27 (Amplified Bible)


From my journal, Sept. 10, 2010, a time when my marriage was in struggle, and my heart was ready to let go... but God did not let me go. And today, my marriage is restored, my heart is whole. In all this, my heart said no, but through my hurt, God said yes.

Father, thank You for chances over and over. Thank You that Your love is everything I need. I praise all my challenges. I come to You LORD with low energy, pain in my heart and so much to be filtered. I do not know what I am suppose to feel -- but I know what my assurances are – I am loved. 
I WILL SPEND ETERNITY with YOU.

God brings an eternal calm to an external calm. I have learned much - sometimes we believe we should "vent", when actually we should act. So, in venting to God, we are filled with how to act.

Question of the millennium, “Who's the first call, God?”

I expect God to do great things in me. I expect a great life. I expect to change.

“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power.” ~Ephesians 6:10 (New International Version)

… with God in the lead, I cannot fail.


Today, I am thankful for this type of looking back. We serve an amazing God... there is no doubt in my heart or mind. Grateful for His assurances and favor.

It's all about relationships. The first and most important is the one with our heavenly Father, then our spouse, then our children and our family. Remember our family are those fellow believers as well. Build your relationships wisely, and through the counsel of the Holy Spirit. Stay in the zone... praying zone, believing zone, trusting zone... knowing who the battle belongs to and what our role is – wait on God, love others and trust that He will always go before you.

“You will not need to fight in this battle. Stand firm, hold your position and see the salvation of the LORD on your behalf, O Judah and Jerusalem.’ Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed. Tomorrow go out against them, and the LORD will be with you.” ~2 Chronicles 20:17 (English Standard Version)
"All this the Lord made me understand by the writing by His hand upon me, all the work to be done according to the plan. Also David told Solomon his son, Be strong and courageous, and do it. Fear not, be not dismayed, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail or forsake you until you have finished all the work for the service of the house of the Lord." 1 Chronicles 28:19-20 (Amplified Bible)

Love the LORD with all your heart and soul... 

Stand firm... know that as His, all you have to do is call to Him in sincerity and gratitude and He will be there.



© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me