Translate

Friday, June 22, 2012

Day 905 of Giving Thanks

Yes, the verse of the week has been James 1:5, "If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking." (New Living Translation)


This week, like so many others, I have needed direction. It seems the more I seek God, the more I realize I cannot be rightly guided without Him. It is a wonderful thing to know that the CREATOR (our Creator) of the universe, resides in me, as my helper, counselor and lover of my soul.

It was a very busy and very humbling week, to say the least. I spent much of my prayer time seeking a new and improved perspective.

Many words came flowing through my heart and through some tears and I sought His refuge and wisdom, and He was faithful at every need and through every heartbeat. I realize daily that my thoughts form my days. I am learning that my days cannot direct my thoughts. It is not just the words you say, it is the heart that God sees and hears. Make me new daily LORD.

“This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!” ~2 Corinthians 5:17 (New Living Translation)

Another day LORD that I am grateful to remember greatly who I work for. Sometimes just heading to work is more of a chore than it should be... I pray for a change of heart (quickly) Father. My heart hurts, my body is resistant and there is such a big part of me (the flesh) that just wants to run away. Thank You LORD that through all this, my faith grows, my heart heals and my mind is strengthened. I will stand firm. I will fight and the flesh will lose, and the Spirit has already won.

Trust Him... Trust His plan... Trust especially when all things are completely stacked against the task at hand or road ahead.

In the middle of being overwhelmed, place Him before you and all else behind Him.

This is what I am doing today. The tasks ahead are towering, but God is even bigger than the biggest towers and mountains.

Give me Your eyes to see the plan in all this LORD... let me see what You see for me. Let me never dwell in my perspective of flesh.

I found myself repeating this often this week, "Enemy. Get out of my head!!!"

Dear God, it's been a rough few days - help me to ignore the incoming words and perceptions and help me to remember that I am to listen to Your heavenly perspective in all things.

Our brokenness comes from many places, but the healing comes from only One. I find myself often bringing the same thoughts of the past to God – I wonder “why”, rather than “Praising the accomplishment of healing already supplied.

So, I keep pressing in, pushing out the wrong thoughts and hold on greatly to all that is “right and good”, which is His plan - His purpose - His work on the cross for me - His promises for me.

“So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!” 21 For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.” ~2 Corinthians 5:20-21 (New Living Translation)



© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me