Translate

Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 900 of Giving Thanks

It’s funny, as I began to write and looked at the number 900, I thought, “Wow, that is a lot of days writing and so many words.” These words that only come because I love His Word and the amazing work of the Holy Spirit! And, it has been my pleasure to write every word, even the ones that God had to pry out of my heart.

I heard a teaching this morning on Moses… and the burning bush, and all the excuses that Moses gave not to be used by God, yet, God used Him greatly. I have come to a point in my life that doubt is rare, but only because (ONLY BECAUSE) God is greater in all circumstances than I will ever be, and He is who I count on greatly. I never really had a problem with being used by God, but I did figure that someone better might be out there. This past year, I have evaluated, probed, pondered and waited to hear the instructions of my heavenly Father the direction I am to go.

As I realize that tomorrow will be the third day of the week, I know that the rest of this week's accomplishments will depend solely on God's efforts in my life. And, my focus must remain the same… share with others, what He has so gracefully given, sacrificially given and through death and resurrection given.

“You are the light of the world. A city on top of a hill can’t be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a basket. Instead, they put it on top of a lampstand, and it shines on all who are in the house.  In the same way, let your light shine before people, so they can see the good things you do and praise your Father who is in heaven.” ~ Matthew 5:14-16 (Common English Bible)

Father, as I come to You, I know that with so much to do, only You can tell me what is essential and crucial for my growth. I am asking for boldness and courage as I try to break free from physical challenges, and old mental hang-ups... I pray for the removal of all things not Yours, LORD and strength to BE BOLD... even though my flesh is not. ;-)

My study time has been a little all over the place. I have been in Hebrews, in lessons from church, Matthew 24 daily so I can hear God more clearly regarding relaying truth in all times, but especially these times; and going between Matthew, Luke and Mark – Lord, honing in and focusing is good, learning all that You have for me is best… Help me Father, in the daily strength of the Holy Spirit to glean the best for my circumstances, the best to be shared and the best You have daily for me, so I can have laser beam focus of Your will for my life.

Are you a flashlight or a laser beam? Hmmmm

Here's the illustration. You are running around in the dark with a flashlight, shining all over the place, but NOT KNOWING what you are shining at or on. Or, you have a laser beam, pointed in one direction (God)... focusing all your attention to that one thing...

So again I ask, are you a flashlight or a laser beam?

We do not know the day or the hour, He can come at any time… let us not run out of oil, or be caught sleeping.  “You must be on the alert then, for you do not know when your master is coming. You can be sure of this, however, that if the householder had known what time of night the burglar would arrive, he would have been ready for him and would not have allowed his house to be broken into. That is why you must always be ready, for you do not know what time the Son of Man will arrive.” ~Matthew 24:42-44 (J.B. Phillips New Testament ) – read all of Matthew 24-28 and be blessed and see the light upon His work.




© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me