Translate

Monday, June 25, 2012

Day 906 of Giving Thanks

I am told that I can come to the LORD over and over and over. Yet, my heart does not forgive even once at times. How is that right? LORD, help me see all that I am to do that is right. Help me to see Your choices for me before me at all times. Let me be the Jesus that others see continually.

Every change we make to our lives is hard - but the Holy Spirit will help if you are sincere and want to change your life. Jesus expects us to turn from doing things that don't please Him to living for Him.

We can't change who we are, but we can change how we respond to the world. God is the change in all of us. We change when we truly understand who we are with God, who he created us to be. There are many who have changed by allowing God to step in – that happens with other questions, then “Will God forgive me if I keep doing what I am doing” – which by the way, is always asked when someone is in disobedience.

Does God love you? Yes, absolutely He does! He created you, wonderfully and in His image. There are several things that form us after we are formed in the womb, environment, and following after desires of the flesh, sex, food, as well as other indulgences. We all have to change, and let Him do the changing. It's not about "what we do", it's about Jesus dying on the cross and resurrecting and US KNOWING WE NEED HIS WORK.

Let me ask,  do you believe that you are a sinner, that sin leads to death and separation from God eternally? And, do you believe that Jesus is the answer for us so we can be with God eternally? Meaning, that Jesus lived the perfect life, suffered before and on the cross, died, then rose and defeated death?

If yes, than I pray the LORD will work on your heart and give you strength to do the right thing. Many blessings.

Beautiful, wonderful, amazing and perfect God... I love You. My life is everything because of You heavenly Father.

Trust Him... Trust His plan... Trust especially when all things are completely stacked against the task-at-hand or road ahead.

Love, love, love, love and love even more... Love in the strength of the Holy Spirit, because His love is perfect and unending.

Discouraged?
Disheartened?
Disgruntled?
Dismissed?

These are all things the enemy works hard to keep you feeling. What do you do when you are in the doldrums? How can you climb out of the pit of despair?

If you are having a challenge with another believer, are you addressing it or running away? Who is this other person? What kind of power do they have over you? How can the situation or discontent be remedied?

I do not have the answer. I am asking myself the same questions with a current circumstance. And, when I really think about it, the answer is already there, I just have to see it…

“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.]” ~Matthew 11:28 (Amplified Bible)

Father, I am truly overwhelmed in emotion and tasks. I cannot see what is before me; and I cannot know what will unfold, but I can be sure that You are here, and even if I mess up, You will be there to hold me steady or lift me back up. This I am sure of… and grateful for.

The answer is Jesus! Simply Jesus.



© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me