Translate

Monday, June 18, 2012

Day 902 of Giving Thanks

Today, once again, I am grateful for prayer… prayer and even more prayer. I am also thankful for the many reminders in my life right now that show me prayer works, and is so greatly required. I really feel that is a deep desire of our God for all of us, but I truly sense it as a priority for my life.  It is a wonderful gift He has given us and to share that with others, while helping them realize who they are, while He reveals to them who HE is - is amazing.

God speaks or we hear God in many things, sometimes we are nudged toward God by the "spoken" word but it comes through an ungodly messenger. Sometimes it's music, a story, a movie or someone in the coffee house. Whatever the words spoken are that "move your Spirit", we must remember that it is through God's word we gain wisdom and strength. With this said, yes, there are many good quotes, good songs and people who will relay a message or even a confirmation to us, however, we must continue and seek God's word to continue in that growth and knowledge.

I have learned a nudge is not knowledge - it's only the beginning of learning. I pray for much learning and growth.

Holy Spirit, how do I see this more clearly, do this more precisely and in the power, strength and perfection of God's will for my life. I know that I cannot do what needs to be done until I release all of my own will to You LORD; I love You, and I am trusting Your guidance, Your clarity and Your provision as I seek to be free of this circumstance and free of all things that are not Yours or worthy to ponder. Thank You LORD for all Your assurances and promises. Help me to be cognizant of them daily through the good and the bad and the easy and tough. In the strength of the Holy Spirit... Amen.

“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.]” ~Matthew 11:28 (Amplified Bible)

Today Father, my burdens seem so many, yet my ability to stand upright is little. I need You today so I can stand firm, see more clearly and hear all tings according to Your will. Help me Father to know the right "DOs" and avoid the right "Don'ts"; let me stand confidently in all my actions today, I ask for the removal of all thoughts that are not edifying to You or encouraging to me, as when I am not hearing Your promises and encouragement, I am hearing the lies of the enemy. Help me be energized and motivated even when, AND especially when, I don't feel like it. I am asking that I move past me today LORD and come completely in You and to recognize the strength already in me, the discernment already available to me, the hope that is embedded in me...

“And God's peace [shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.” ~Philippians 4:7 (Amplified Bible)



© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me