Translate

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day 904 of Giving Thanks

“But anyone who needs wisdom should ask God, whose very nature is to give to everyone without a second thought, without keeping score. Wisdom will certainly be given to those who ask.” ~ James 1:5 (Common English Bible)

Today I find myself needing encouragement. Trying to figure out which to do more of, “Wait on God” or “Take mighty action”, and I believe the answer is yes on both accounts. I have been dealing with a situation; emotions are “a bit raw” to say the least. I trust You LORD, it’s trusting me to see all that You have for me that I am struggling with. The surrounding details, obstacles and influences are all around me, LOUD and Unruly at times and my heart is overwhelmed with the pain that has built up and the daily impact of still living right in the middle of it, “And the list goes on”, as my heart feels about ready to explode… 

As I come quietly before the LORD, pleading for wisdom, clarity and direction, and once again LORD, I am crying for help. Once again, LORD I am trusting Your plan for me. Once again, LORD I realize where my focus is and know where it needs to be. “None of self and all of thee…” plays over and over in my head.

O The Bitter Shame and Sorrow (song) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2z9OL7T88A

I have gone back to these verses all week (Day 901), for me today, there are no better words than His. 

Today’s reminders, but truly for every day. 

"The LORD will fight for you while you keep silent.” ~Exodus 14:14 (New American Standard Bible)


“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight.” ~ Proverbs 3:5-6 (New International Version)

“Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”” ~Matthew 19:26 (New International Version)

“Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.” ~Psalm 37:7 (New International Version)

"Offer God a sacrifice of thanksgiving! Fulfill the promises you made to the Most High! Cry out to me whenever you are in trouble; I will deliver you, then you will honor me.” ~Psalm 50:14-15 (Common English Bible)

Father, I thank You for Your presence in my life. Today, I ask that You give me what I need and that what I need is what my heart desires. If this is not the case Father, correct me quickly and wholly. I pray for strength as I head out to do what is necessary and what is right. I pray for wisdom like I have never received before pertaining to “what next”, as my heart cries out, “how do I continue through the exhaustion?” The overload is so much Father, physically, mentally and emotionally. Help me keep all these at bay, help me keep my focus on You, ALL OF YOU LORD, all of You. In the mighty and perfect name and work of Jesus, I pray. Amen. 


© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).




No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me