Translate

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 891 of Giving Thanks

“For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” ~Ephesians 2:10 (New Living Translation)

As I sit here this morning, readying myself for another long work day, I am greatly reminded of the promises I own because of my heritage. As a child of God, we receive all of His promises, and whether they arrive immediately or over time, we can be sure that we have a faithful God; trustworthy, loving and perfect in every way. Today I come to Him in whole heart and once again try to submit completely to His will and plan. And yet again, I know that I cannot do this, but in the strength of the Holy Spirit, through asking, it is already done.

Knowing His gift has given me the strength to approach every day. And on the days I am not feeling all that strong, I approach the throne.

I often think about what it means to have simple faith... I love you God, so I will trust all that You send my way. Help me to confirm all Your deeds as they pertain to my life. Help me discern good from evil. Help me to be more seeking and believing. Let my faith be unfailing and able to withstand the ways of this world. Your strength and stamina LORD. That is simple faith... knowing that it is all You.

It has been a rare occasion that I have removed someone completely from my life, or as Ron calls it, the playground. But I am so glad I have on the few that I did. Your playground, your mind is the key to growth in the LORD. We are told to hold every thought captive; HIS WORD. We are to remove the lies of the enemy and hold onto the promises of our Creator.

Keep your playground clear of weeds, negativity and lies. Learn the promises of God. Depend on the perfect power, strength and discernment of the Holy Spirit and grow in faith daily.

In watching others, praying for others and hearing from others, I am learning many things. I am learning to rest in His promise and depend on His work, strength and power – which are really the same things. He works and all things are accomplished in His strength if we want them done correctly and it all comes through a dependence on Him.

To fully understand God's grace, we have to realize the depth and damage sin is to us.

Today as I feel shaky, “let me be unshaken”. Make today be the day I move beyond the pain of the past; beyond the illness; beyond the resentment; beyond myself.

Restoration of a relationship only takes one person to forgive... the rest comes through persistent prayer, faith and time - God's time. For me today, what does this mean. Revel it to me LORD… Help me to recognize all You share, and apply it to how I live. Our God is good, so good... and we have the love that is proven through Jesus and the unending presence with us in the Holy Spirit.

AWESOME, WONDERFUL, AMAZING.... cannot even begin to describe my God, my Creator for you. But it's a start. Let's praise Him in the best way we can.

“For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” ~Ephesians 2:10 (New Living Translation)


© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

2 comments:

  1. Hi, your blog really touches me, have been reading it for a while... Just wanted you to know about a website i started ReadYourBiblesChurch.com... It's a place for Bible study guides.. I also put a forum in that can be viewed from a mobile device.. I couldn't find where to contact you privately so I'm commenting, hope that is okay. :) God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jayson for stopping by... I will check out your site.

      Delete

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me