Translate

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Day 887 of Giving Thanks

What is my thorn? The thorn is not the illness that is always with me. The thorn could possibly be my need to change my attitude or my obsessive desires to be where I “once was” with my career (so long ago). But, my heart says it’s the change I truly desire, but seem to miss the mark on so often; the change that will move me to the next level of trust; the next level of faith; the ultimate level of belief… How do I give it to You LORD, when I keep stepping into it? 

“I was given a thorn in my body because of the outstanding revelations I’ve received so that I wouldn’t be conceited. It’s a messenger from Satan sent to torment me so that I wouldn’t be conceited.“I pleaded with the Lord three times for it to leave me alone. He said to me, “My grace is enough for you, because power is made perfect in weakness.” So I’ll gladly spend my time bragging about my weaknesses so that Christ’s power can rest on me. Therefore, I’m all right with weaknesses, insults, disasters, harassments, and stressful situations for the sake of Christ, because when I’m weak, then I’m strong.” ~2 Corinthians 12:7-10 (Common English Bible)

For a brief moment, my day was heading this way... Yep, once in a while, an explosion of emotion is required... blow off steam! Cry! Be angry! And, truly submit it all to the LORD.

Let us worship and praise the mighty God, our Creator... Let us bow down and humble ourselves before the throne. He is my King - Jesus is my Redeemer. What an amazing time it is, to be wholly obedient and entirely aware of His presence.

What are some of the prayers, verses, music you use to call on His name and His presence? Mine is different with every situation, in every crisis, on any given day, every time, but the thoughts are directed and focused on Him.

Every day LORD, every moment - let them all be Yours.

I have prayed for healing of this disease for all of my adult life. I have believed and trusted... One day, I heard God clearly say, "You are already healed, and will spend eternity with Me... that is enough." Yes, that is enough.  

As I come to my LORD, I am praying for you. May the LORD show you your path to healing according to His will and plans. May you be comforted and strengthened daily through the work of the Holy Spirit in your life.

Today, I live in the joy of the moment, and hope of my Savior's work for me.

I will never be perfect on this earth, in this body... but I know one thing really well... I am being perfected by He who is perfect and there is nothing better than that.

Again I ask, how do I give it to You LORD, when I keep stepping into it? By wholly trusting the LORD, through a growing faith and always unending faith. Mighty, worthy, perfect, amazing, graceful and forgiving God. Thank You.


© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me