Translate

Saturday, April 16, 2011

April 16th, Day 517 of Giving Thanks

I am grateful that the things I love surround me. And, the One who loves me greater than anyone else surrounds my every moment, my every move, my every thought, my every hope and my everything – My God surrounds me!

Today I am surrounded by color and God’s wonderful word in print and in images. I look at the photos of the flowers, the intricate details, the amazing colors and the shapes. When my art starts to take form, I don’t always know what the outcome will be, but I know that the canvas will represent what is so deep in my heart for that moment.

It was a fun day, one without timelines, deadlines or headlines. It has been a day with many moments of thought and observation within those thoughts. Tonight I have observed something small, yet significant about myself; I love to be alone in thought, but while alone in thought, I am never alone. As I stroke my brush, or see a verse, or as I am cutting out or capturing an idea, I am often brought to prayer – deep conversations with my heavenly Father.

‘You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.” ~Psalm 32:7

As I create, He creates in me a new heart, a new outlook, a new attitude and the destiny He has had all along. What is that? I am still waiting to find out; but I know that all that has happened throughout my life is preparing me through my experiences.

 “Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.” ~Hebrews 11:1

The challenges that ended in defeat, as well as those that turned into an amazing victory.
The wrong turns that were exactly where He wanted me all along, to those turns that I am still asking Him to show me the way.
The heartbreaks that showed me He was there and those that feel like they will never mend.
The “no” that was actually “wait”, and the “yes” that  is “YES”…

Prayer for Protection “The light of God surrounds me;
The love of God enfolds me;
The power of God protects me;
The presence of God watches over me.
Wherever I am, God is.”
-James Dillet Freeman - 1941

Almighty and amazing Father, thank You for surrounding me so greatly, so securely and so perfectly every day. My prayer today Lord is that I can always know that you surround me and that is a perfect thing to praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me