Translate

Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 519 of Giving Thanks

‎Walking into the office today, I knew that a covering of prayer would be needed; not that we don’t need this every day, but today, there was a sense of heaviness. As soon as I saw my co-worker, and asked, “How was your weekend?” We knew that the enemy was working hard to hit our lives and it was time to get down to business. God’s business of requesting His presence; requesting His protection; requesting His wisdom; requesting His discernment, and it was good.

"Don't let the abundance of God's gifts cause you to forget the Giver. Count your blessings, pray every day!" ~Author Unknown

It started for me as I work up for the first time at 6:15am, and I hit the alarm button and fell back to sleep. I awoke to a horn blowing; the strange thing is that we never hear anything like that. And, as soon as I opened my eyes, the horn stopped. As I grappled to wake up and get my body moving, I felt the heaviness – it was going to be a day of praising the moments when I don’t hurt.

From head to toe, I give it all to You gracious and merciful Father. When there is a good day, I praise You. When there is a tough day, I seek You and praise Your for being here for me. When there is a breakdown, YOU HOLD ME and assure me that I am ok.

Because I was late, my quiet time was cut short – not a good idea, I did pray and thanked God that my movement was getting better and that the hot shower brought some relief. As the water ran over me, I remembered whatever is heavy and unbearable for me, is light and easy for Him. Every day, I remind myself that He desires me to come to Him and no matter how often, it’s never too much. Today and every day, I am to rest in the knowledge that He's got it under control.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” ~Matthew 11:28-30 

And, it seems that this was the verse for the day – bringing all of our concerns to Him; coming together and seeking Him sincerely and trusting that He will cover all that we need. What an amazing way to start a workday.

Father, thank You for giving us prayer and showing us what we should do through the example of Your son:
- gathering together
- seeking our mighty God
- giving Him our concerns
- trusting His promises
- remembering what He did
- know much I am blessed
- realizing what my treasure are

What are my treasures? 

My treasures are...
Knowing that I am loved by a mighty God.
Knowing that my eternity is all figured out.
Knowing that I can call Him anytime I need Him.
Knowing that He is here at all times with me.
Knowing that He is my God.

Lord, let me hear you clearly... I know that Your words are always perfect, give me ears that hear... allow me to see what is right before me, give me eyes that see... touch my heart for the things that move Yours, give me compassion for what is important to You.

I do hear You God. 
I do see You God. 
I do know You are present God. 
I do realize Your greatness.
Remove the flesh from my heart and allow me to function in Your Spirit. 
Move me greatly.
And, it will be good.

“I love God because he listened to me, listened as I begged for mercy.  He listened so intently as I laid out my case before him. Death stared me in the face, hell was hard on my heels.  Up against it, I didn't know which way to turn; then I called out to GOD for help: "Please, GOD!" I cried out. "Save my ife!" GOD is gracious—it is he who makes things right, our most compassionate God.” ~Psalm 116:1-6 (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me