Translate

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 528 of Giving Thanks

Not every day is profound or wonderful, but every day has a profound effect on reaching my purpose. Today was an ordinary day. We are preparing for a big event at work, and the days have cram-packed with things to get done – I am grateful to be in a place where prayer is normal, ordinary.

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if prayer everywhere was ordinary? Wouldn’t it be wonderful if prayer was commonplace, normal and accepted?

When the days are not ordinary, when they are extraordinary and full of surprising moments, unexpected challenges or detours, it is comforting to know that I have a God bigger than extraordinary – who has already given me what is necessary to make it through the day, no matter what it delivers.

"I lift up my eyes to the mountains—where does my help come from?" ~Psalm 121:1

You have already placed in me Lord, all the strength I will ever need. Remind me today that it is present; as I sink into the presence of You.

“In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death— even death on a cross!” - Philippians 2:5-8

We are responsible to show the God in us. To do that effectively, we must know our God. Seek Him often and whole-heartedly. We must know Him to share Him. He loves to be with us. He loves to share Himself through you. All praises and glory to a mighty God.

I am learning that when someone brings something to my attention (a behavior, or action), I have to stop and remember there is a reason. Two questions - 1. Are they correct in their assumption and, 2. Is this something I need to change? God will answer if you seek His guidance.

Truth and honesty. That's it... and that is done only with Him guiding us. When I seek Him in all things, the truth is revealed.

Isn’t it wonderful that prayer is available at every ordinary moment? Isn’t it wonderful that prayer is commonplace, normal and accepted in our hearts?

Today, I am grateful for the poetic journey of my life. Let me share some of God’s word – His poetry – His glory.

”Have you ever come on anything quite like this extravagant generosity of God, this deep, deep wisdom? It's way over our heads. We'll never figure it out. 
     Is there anyone around who can explain God?   
    Anyone smart enough to tell him what to do?  Anyone who has done him such a huge favor    that God has to ask his advice? 
   Everything comes from him;    Everything happens through him;    Everything ends up in him.    Always glory! Always praise!           
                    Yes. Yes. Yes.” ~Romans 11:33-36 (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me