Translate

Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 509 of Giving Thanks Daily

I have not had a spare moment to even think about what I am grateful for today – and, after working a twelve hour day, I am pressing the creative button about now. So, before leaving my office, I decided to settle in to some worship music and sit still for a bit. Help me see You today Lord. Let me know Your presence in amazing ways.

And the first words I hear… “it’s all about Him!”

I have been extremely fortunate for the last several months, as I am rebuilding my health, and God is restoring so many other areas in the process, I have had the amazing opportunity to learn what “being still” actually means.
It is letting go… 
It is holding on to His word -
It is remaining in His will  -
It is watching Him work in me -
It is forgiving myself and others over and over -
And, it is just realizing that I can have nothing without Him. 

Tonight, that is exactly what I have had to do. Let go of the stress and worry of “what needs to be done” and “what didn’t get touched. Hold on to His amazing promises for my life, know that this life is temporary – and I have so much to look forward to as I press in, and journey through. Remaining on this steady path of obedience and trust – trust is so difficult, but He is truly faithful. Watching as everything is different in my life – restoration, miracles and abundance of hope. Forgiving the many mistakes of my past, allowing forgiveness toward those who have hurt me. Realizing day after day He is everything in my life and wondering how I was before.

God Is Present Among You “Jerusalem will be told: "Don't be afraid. Dear Zion, don't despair. Your God is present among you, a strong Warrior there to save you. Happy to have you back, he'll calm you with his love and delight you with his songs.” ~Zephaniah 3:16-17 (The Message)

And, how I was before was a woman starving for hope and love. Today, even in the midst of “so much”, there is “so much of Him” to wash away what doesn’t belong, because I belong to Him!

I am grateful for God’s nudges – I was moments away from excusing away writing tonight, and within 5 minutes, these words flew across the keyboard. Thank You Lord for keeping me faithful to Your calling – and always keeping me going.

“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.” ~Jeremiah 29:11-12 (New International Version)

It’s all about Him – and I am so honored to serve such a mighty God. I am grateful to know that He is able to use this woman, who has been broken beyond repair, yet He restored me to being whole, while on my way to perfection. All glory to my creator, my teacher, my healer, my encourager, the love of my life and soul, my savior. It’s all about Him!

My verse for the year bode well for tonight…
Isaiah 61
The Year of the LORD’s FavorThe Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD’s and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion—to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me