Translate

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 520 of Giving Thanks

I started this day with addressing my Father; “I need You today. I am feeling insecure in my flesh, but know that with Your covering, everything is assured. I am feeling weak in my body, and know that I am strong because You are in me. Father, I need You today; thank You that I don't have to ask, yet You answer the call greatly to be with me.”


Layer upon layer, moment upon moment He, not only stands with me, supporting my stand and clearing the path when I am ready to take that step forward. In the moments that “just don’t make sense”, I am assured that nothing is without a purpose. Just giving things and circumstances the proper time to fulfill His plan is what it takes…


“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;” ~Proverbs 3:5

…waiting on Him and resting in the knowledge that He is always with me is enough. He is enough, and He gives in overflowing portions. Every day is a gift... unwrap it with care and accept it with sincere gratitude, and remember to share what is so freely given.

And, why are these gifts given? Because He loves us greatly! His love is abundant, perfect and freely given to all that choose to receive it.

Some of the layers are trials and some are victories, but all are “to God be the glory.” This morning’s layer was a trial and it was faith that moved my day forward; “…if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing”. Loving those around me, during all the moments is how it is done.

Sometimes it is “the music” that moves me from despair to delight. Today is a great day, for the music is moving me from one delightful moment to delightful moment... “His love never fails”. His love is greater than all loves... and HE LOVES ME greatly! “It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” (1 Corinthians 13) 

I started my day and will end my day with prayer - knowing that what I think and what I hold in my thoughts is what will be delivered.

"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." ~2 Corinthians 10:5

Dear God,
Help me today - I am allowing others to influence my heart. Help me today - to know that You are all that my heart needs. That You will direct the hurt, confusion, anxiety and sorrow - but I have to give it to You... so, Lord, here it is. Father, thank You for the reminder today that when my eyes are on You all is good in my world. When I set my heart on the things of You, there is nothing else required.
~Me~

"In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding." ~Ephesians 1:7 (NIV)

I get all of my worth from my God. No matter what others say to me or do to me, all that matters is what HE did for me... I am special enough and loved in overflowing portions that HE did the unimaginable for me. He suffered, died and rose again, for me... now that is some kind of special, wouldn't you agree?

“For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.” ~John 3:16 (Amplified Bible)

1 comment:

  1. Nothing is impossible with God, He will complete it. Walk confident today, God cares for you. He is there in the midst of it, He will bring walk through it with you.

    ReplyDelete

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me