Translate

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 513 of Giving Thanks


It was one of those days, where prayer kept me going… busy is an understatement.

Dear God... thank You for being with me all day and keeping me calm in all the busyness. Thank You for taking my hand, and calming my heart when I felt anxious about all the deadlines. Thank You for giving me the strength to speak up at the right moment. Thank You for being with me all day and getting me through a touch day.

Getting home exhausted has been a normal occurrence for several months now and finding excuses to “not do” ________ (fill in the blank) has been a fight within my Spirit.

In the past week, I have had a few days that I have thought about not writing or modifying my writing schedule because I feel like I am having a difficult time writing, too tired or just wanting to “not do”. And, every time I submit to not having a thing enter my mind… I stop to pray and get into a time of conversation with God. Today has been no different. I have spent the past few hours pulling my collection of images together for my art. And, again the though hit, “do I change how much I write? Is it time to stop writing every day?”

“Stop and get quiet”, is all I need to do, and the thoughts of what to say come flooding through. Tonight, as I sat on my couch, my usual morning quiet time spot, I had deep thoughts of home. How I love being home – a home that we have poured time and energy into – a home that I spend time in with the husband, my best friend.

“Home is not where you live, but where they understand you.” ~Author unknown

I have a great life - a life that is not exceptional, but is extraordinary. My extraordinary life – a life that is His – special – unique – crazy – busy – strange – common – simple - remarkable – temporary - amazing – surprising – transforming - purposed.

“It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary; only wise men are able to understand them.” ~Paulo Coelho 

My husband had I have been together almost thirteen years, and all the words above, and more, describe life so well. I am grateful for all the times of our life together – and home truly is our life together, while we are here, in this time. But my home, the one I long for, and look forward to is the wonderful homecoming with my Lord.



Thank You Father for the assurance of my home and life with you through Your word. Thank You for speaking to me in brief moments, for creating in me this desire to keep speaking from my heart and sharing with You all that I feel. Thank You Lord for helping me, making me at times, staying honorable to my promise to be grateful daily. Thank You for keeping me in Your care. Thank you for creating in me the most amazing desire to be in Your presence.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me