Translate

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 508 of Giving Thanks

I went to work today after being home for 5 days. I feel like I am rounding the corner to “getting better” – I am grateful that I made it for a full day at work, and I actually accomplished things too. Although I have been “home sick”, I have had time to just be alone, pray and catch up on some reading, and yesterday started and finished a couple of art projects. I love creating.

If I could make a living creating my art, I would do it in a minute. But for now I am grateful to have it as an outlet.

I love looking at a blank canvas. With my glue, pictures, words and tissue paper it is blissful – I turn the white surface into a blend of colors and images. If I make a mistake, I blend and add a bit more – and all is good. And, as I watch the transformation, I feel so fortunate that God has given me gifts of creativity. 

Tonight, I am reminded that God does the same with me. He created me from nothing. And through my life He blends experiences and circumstances; joy and sorrow; pain and victory; love and loss and is creating a masterpiece with my life – and all is good.

“For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” ~Ephesians 2:10 (NLT)

I have watched the canvas of my life change many times; and every time I am amazed at how He takes every circumstance and makes it work – and through my circumstance I get to know Him more and understand me better. And, every day I can look at the day as just another stroke of color. 

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." ~Psalm 51:10 

I pray for boldness in my life and I have great expectations for my life, His masterpiece – and that my circumstances, my responses and the outcome are pleasing to Him. And, I again I say the theme of my life can be summarized with one prayer that I have repeated over and over – “Lord, I am ready for my dream, if I am not ready, please continue to prepare me.”

It is only with the connection of the Holy Spirit that I will get anywhere. At this juncture, the dream is not yet defined, and I trust that it will be laid greatly on my heart, and the desire will be overwhelming. Until then, I will be overwhelmed with the desire to be in His presence – as often as possible. 

He instructs me to be still in Psalm 46:10 - "He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”





No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me