Translate

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 506 of Giving Thanks

I have had several quiet times with God today; and my thoughts are still a little foggy. But through the fog I will hear Him whisper…

And, I waited. 

Once again, He used a wonderful friend to speak what He has for me today. And, through the tears and the exhaustion I hear “I hear you Shawn”. All along, I am waiting to hear Him, when today, I just needed to know that He hears me.

“Jesus turned and saw her. “Take heart, daughter,” he said, “your faith has healed you.” And the woman was healed at that moment.” ~Matthew 9:12

And, He is faithful. 

"The Power That Brings the World to Its Knees“Every God-begotten person conquers the world's ways. The conquering power that brings the world to its knees is our faith. The person who wins out over the world's ways is simply the one who believes Jesus is the Son of God.” ~1 John 5:4 (The Message)

As I sit here in my favorite spot on the couch, with His music surrounding all my senses, as the emotions stirring inside me and I know He is powerful. I read His word and hear His loving tone with me, His daughter and beloved. That is a thought to hold onto.

"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." ~2 Corinthians 10:5

In these moments of worship, my heart yearns to be here often. Again I am reminded what He did for me, and the I hear “at the cross, at the cross where I first saw the light and my burden rolled away…” and my heart aches for what He endured and, once again I know that He heard me, well before I called to Him.

This day, today, is just another day of tests and another day of becoming who He desires me to be. I am grateful that He desires me to come to Him and request His strength. And, as long as there is breath in this body that will be the drill. Every day I live under His grace, is another day that He is in me. What an awesome and amazing thought. I am never alone. I am never on my own. I am always in His sights and in thoughts and always have been.

“Then Hannah prayed and said: “My heart rejoices in the LORD; in the LORD my horn is lifted high. My mouth boasts over my enemies, for I delight in your deliverance.” ~Samuel 2:1

I too rejoice in all that He has done for me; a life full of miracles seen and unseen, known and unknown, but there nonetheless; a life full of gifts that He delights in giving me; a life full of hope where He is the provider of through His promises; a life full of confirmation through growth. I am grateful today for “waiting”, “receiving” and “glorifying” He who came, and He who gave. In great anticipation, I will wait and in the many moments of worship, my heart is fulfilled in Him. I joyfully wait for His instruction and direction.



At The Cross, Ralph E. Hudson, 1885
Alas! and did my Savior bleed
And did my Sov’reign die?
Would He devote that sacred head
For such a worm as I?

Refrain:
At the cross, at the cross where I first saw the light,
And the burden of my heart rolled away,
It was there by faith I received my sight,
And now I am happy all the day!

Thy body slain, sweet Jesus, Thine—
And bathed in its own blood—
While the firm mark of wrath divine,
His soul in anguish stood.

Was it for crimes that I had done
He groaned upon the tree?
Amazing pity! grace unknown!
And love beyond degree!

Well might the sun in darkness hide
And shut his glories in,
When Christ, the mighty Maker died,
For man the creature’s sin.

Thus might I hide my blushing face
While His dear cross appears,
Dissolve my heart in thankfulness,
And melt my eyes to tears.

But drops of grief can ne’er repay
The debt of love I owe:
Here, Lord, I give myself away,
’Tis all that I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me