Translate

Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 530 of Giving Thanks by Sue King

Transparency…
I was challenged last week by a blog a friend wrote. She closed with the thought that if we believers don’t allow the ‘world’ to see us as we are, how will they ever know the work that Jesus is doing in our lives? Good point Robin! So I am sharing some of my walk today.

I am growing closer to God, falling in love with Him even more (if that were possible!) and am being used in a greater way by Him in my church and community. He has been leading me to things that He wants me to change. Some have been very minor, some a little harder….and then there’s GOLIATH.

I have been a smoker for the last 38 years and have given up more times than I care to count. Currently I am addicted to patches, gum and cigarettes. The last time I tried seriously I was on medication for COPD and was told that my lungs would never fully recover. Over the last three years God has healed them and my lungs are at full capacity. A doctor questioned me recently when I said I was a smoker because she could see no evidence in my lung capacity- and certainly not the expected results of a very lengthy habit.

I have tried every method -but one. I know with every fibre of my being that on Sunday I will begin new life- just as I began new life the day I was reborn. The Holy Spirit says it’s time. He set the quit date and He will hold my hand. The Word has given me verses- told me which ones to declare and Romans 8 to marinate in. Prompting from the Holy Spirit led me to a cyber friend in the same position so we will fight together as a  “triple-braided cord” (Ecclesiastes 4:12)- we- together with the Holy Spirit.

“The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” ~ Deuteronomy 31:8

I know that the victory is ours because, in Christ, we have already won the battle. We pray in alignment with His will for us that we put Him first above ALL things.

“But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well” ~ Matthew 6:33

I seek Him. I want there to be nothing in Heaven or on earth that I seek more.

1 comment:

  1. Hi S
    Just to encourage you - I smoked from 1970 to 1997 and then I/ He / we quit and I have been off since then. I can be done and He can do it eor us.
    Rgds
    Bj

    ReplyDelete

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me