Translate

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 531 of Giving Thanks

I spent my lunch hour on Thursday shopping… As I perused the racks of clothes, I realized how much of a chore it is to shop – especially since I was looking for something and I didn’t even know what it was. Last night was the annual fundraiser for ministry I work for – and we were all prayed up, and ready to go with God.

We have a wonderful team at work – we are all good at the right things and complement one another greatly – I couldn’t ask for a better group of people to work with. As we pulled things together, even in the midst of things “not coming together” as quickly as we had hoped, we were laughing, joking and having a great time “just getting things done”.

“For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. 6 We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us.” ~Romans 12:4-6 

There are so many things I am grateful for, and so many things that I notice in my life today – wonderful people, amazing lessons, His beautiful word and the ability to experience it through the eyes of gratitude. Isn’t God amazing? I have the privilege of spending time with very amazing people from my family to my co-workers to the friends near and far. God has placed all the perfect people in my life, at this time, for the perfect time and purpose.

“God's various gifts are handed out everywhere; but they all originate in God's Spirit. God's various ministries are carried out everywhere; but they all originate in God's Spirit. God's various expressions of power are in action everywhere; but God himself is behind it all. Each person is given something to do that shows who God is: Everyone gets in on it, everyone benefits. All kinds of things are handed out by the Spirit, and to all kinds of people! The variety is wonderful:  wise counsel, clear understanding, simple trust, healing the sick, miraculous acts proclamation, distinguishing between spirits, tongues, and interpretation of tongues. All these gifts have a common origin, but are handed out one by one by the one Spirit of God. He decides who gets what, and when.” ~1 Corinthians 12:4-11

Today I am thankful for the perfect placement of others in my life and giving me so much to be grateful for, and so much to look forward to every day. The dinner went very well, I completely believe the “right” people were there, and the Lord will continue to work through this amazing group of people.

I am a very fortunate woman, not only am I working with other believers, those who know God and seek Him often, but we associate with other believers who know that we are here to serve; that in our service to those needy, we are also asked to lift each other up, to encourage, support and love greatly our brothers and sisters. How awesome is that. I pray that in my working life, I will always have this opportunity – to love and grow – to challenge and hear – to support and encourage.

For He loves me and I grow every day. He challenges me and I hear His pleas for my life. Every day I know that I am supported, both emotionally and physically by his presence, and His presence encourages me greatly.

Every day is  like my shopping experience – many times I am looking and looking, not really knowing what I want or need, yet, the item is right before me. And, it is a chore, because I am depending on my understanding, rather than allowing Him to take control and lead… Lord, lead me onward.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart  and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him,  and he will make your paths straight.” ~Proverbs 3:5
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me