Translate

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Day 514 of Giving Thanks

April 13th, Day 514 of Giving Thanks
Sometimes I cannot believe how much has changed in my life. There was a time when my life didn’t seem to change very much. It really was the “same ole, same ole”.

What I have come to realize is the world is always changing around me, and I have opportunities every day that would promote change, however it is a choice to grab onto that change or dismiss it.

“Observe always that everything is the result of change, and get used to thinking that there is nothing Nature loves so well as to change existing forms and make new ones like them.” ~ Marcus Aurelius

"Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect." ~Romans 12:2 (NLT)

Heavenly and gracious Father, I pray for clarity today. I pray that I will know where You want me to be; that I will see the people I am supposed to interact with; that I will not miss what You have for me. I pray Lord, that as I follow Your lead, that I am able to continue delivering greatly to the kingdom with what I am called to do right now, as I learn to recognize Your leading. Help me change in the appropriate ways. I am grateful for this life that is leading to my perfecting. Thank You Lord.

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!”  ~Corinthians 5:17 (NIV)

I am finding that there is so much freedom in change; a freedom that eluded me before. Freedom in that, I can see things not seen before, like many things are much clearer in my mind.

Today, I know I can trust that the Holy Spirit will intervene greatly in my life that my walk will attract others to the word through my actions.

As a child of God, I get excited when I learn new things. I remember when I was a kid, the day I learned how to do a cartwheel, I did it once and it was good – but as the day went on I repeated my effort over and over and it became very good -and over time it was perfected. That is what I want my life to reflect – keep going after His word, learning to hear His voice and have my actions match His desires and He will say, “it is very good…” and over time, I will be perfect.

"And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." ~Matthew 18:3 (NIV)

I am grateful again today that not only am I changing, but that I can recognize as things around me change. I am grateful that I can see the Holy Spirit working and I am grateful that I am His child and graced with His favor.


Dear God, 
I sit here quietly waiting for You tonight. And, in the waiting, I am settling in to knowing that You are God, and when You speak, I will know. That when You move in my life, I will know. 
Tonight as I dwell on Your word... I seek clarity of heart and direction. I seek Your will for so many things, and expect to hear You. In the depths of my mind, I am changing, transforming and becoming... 
Lord, thank You for loving me tonight and every day of my life. Thank You that my life matters, my dreams and desires are important to You and that You are with me as I become who You intend me to be. 
As I sit here quietly waiting, my heart is full of hope and expectations for Your purpose in me being fulfilled. 
Your child.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me