Translate

Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 505 of Giving Thanks

By grace, I was saved; and only by grace and through faith; a gift from God; no matter what I have done or what I will do, that saving, I do not take lightly. My hardest day, week, month or year cannot compare to one moment that He endured on the cross for my sin. And, I am not dismissing tough times or bad days for anyone. We all have them; and what I know now is to endure is to submit and to submit is to heal and submit to grow.

“In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace…” ~Ephesians 1:7 

No testing has overtaken you that is not common to everyone. God is faithful, and he will not let “you be tested beyond your strength, but with the testing he will also provide the way out so that you may be able to endure it.” Author unknown

I am learning that certain words deliver very strong meaning. When I look closely at “endure”, I realize that I must remove that word from my vocabulary. Jesus endured. I will persist. I can only persist because of Him; and I can only know Him wholly when I submit; and I will heal and I will grow with submission. Lord, keep the world’s views and definitions far from my heart.

“I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people,  and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms…” ~Ephesians 1:18-20

I am praying today that I don’t hold onto or validate tough times or bad days. I am giving them to God to forge the experiences I need to do the job He has for me. I am praying that I can look at those times and days as brief moments of the larger picture. A picture that is full of hope and light and all time; a picture that all cropping rights belong to God, and only the Holy Spirit can provide the perfect focus and clarity for His plan and purpose with my life. Because He loves me, He saved me. Because He loved me, He died for me.


"If you'll hold on to me for dear life," says GOD, "I'll get you out of any trouble.  I'll give you the best of care if you'll only get to know and trust me.  Call me and I'll answer, be at your side in bad times; I'll rescue you, then throw you a party. I'll give you a long life, give you a long drink of salvation!" ~Psalm 91:14-16 (The Message)

I talk to God every day – and I know that He is here. I bring Him things that years ago, I believed were beneath asking, too little for His wisdom. And, yet, He has shared that He wants to know the little things, that I can give Him everything – the good, the bad, the un-described. I implore you to know my God. To trust that your life is worth seeking Him, and just exploring the possibility that you are truly not alone. He so desires to, not only meet you, but to become part of you. He is already about you with open arms, waiting to be invited in.

If He is in you, meaning you have the Holy Spirit dwelling inside you, wouldn't it be heartbreaking to hide Him? If you have already given your life to Christ, let it show through your love for others.

If you don't know Christ, let Him know you desire Him - and talk to someone who knows Him and they will help... Know that although life's circumstances seem uncertain, He provides certainty for eternity - and His love is so perfect that He gave His son so you can have certainty. It is personal to Him, He truly desires you in His presence forever.

“Let the Spirit change your way of thinking and make you into a new person. You were created to be like God and so you must please Him and be truly holy. ~Ephesians 4:23-24 
(CEV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me