Translate

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 628 of Giving Thanks

At 12:11A.M., August 6, 1989, my life changed forever – the most beautiful event to ever happen for a woman (my opinion) occurred. At 6 lbs., 11 oz., Myranda Christine Loeb came into the world, and took her first breath. And, she has been a breathtaking presence ever since.

Tonight we celebrated her 22nd birthday – we had a good time. I am grateful for the relationship we have, and the gift she is to me.

Although it was only 7AM, it was already getting hot. And, I knew the time was near, partly that was a prayer or request, since I was already 42.5 weeks pregnant at that point. I will not go into much more detail, but by the time she arrived, it was 68 hours of labor; 26 hours with an epidural – and she was worth every labor pain, every push and every moment that I heard another baby delivered, all five of them, while I labored, waited. I did not know the Lord then, but I know He was watching over me greatly, as He watches over my family now.

I am very grateful for my daughter. And, today and every day, I am grateful for the life I have, and those in my life who I love so greatly.

Had to share this little tid-bit... "He is my comfort... even when I forget He is my comfort." ~Shawn Boreta




© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me