Translate

Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 637 of Giving Thanks

Silently, I sit and wonder how to process “life” at times. Through my eyes today, I cannot see. As the tears stream down my cheeks I wonder, will the tears stop? But in this pain, I know that all I need to see is the assurance of a wonderful and merciful God who endured pain beyond measure for me - this moment will pass, my tears will dry and my heart will mend. And, it is a great thought to know that until that time, He is here to comfort me and share my grief.

“…Blessed are you who weep now, for you will laugh.” ~Luke 6:21 (NIV)

Nothing is anything without You Lord. In painful or sorrowful times, as well as all the beautiful times I experience, You are everything.

Lord help me in this world. As I interact with others, help me to "recall" Your word - to encourage, when the world beats us up, and to share Your grace and mercy when we are being attacked. Let me be the light no matter what my circumstances are.

“Remember, I will be with you and protect you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done all that I have promised you.” ~ Genesis 28:15 (GNT)

Capture me Lord over and over. In times of trouble, capture me. In times of victory, capture me. In times of trepidation, capture me. In YOUR power and strength, CAPTURE ME!

Change my unbelief to "trusting Your word". Change my weakness to "strength in You". Allow all my circumstance to lead to the one promise that I hold onto so tightly. I give this to You Lord, wholly and completely. You are so timely Lord, and during this time, I am counting on You.

Hear my pleas to be close to You Lord. Hear my heart, feel my soul's desires to be near and give all my feelings to You. Help me indwell deeper and deeply. Help me Lord to remember that my confidence is in you only, that it is all in You, my trust, my strength and the power to overcome, is all in You.

  
“Praise the Lord!Praise the Lord!Praise God in his Temple! Praise His strength in heaven! Praise Him for the mighty things he has done. Praise His supreme greatness. Praise Him with trumpets.Praise Him with harps and lyres.Praise Him with drums and dancing.Praise Him with harps and flutes.Praise Him with cymbals.Praise Him with loud cymbals.Praise the Lord, all living creatures!" ~Psalm 150 (New Living Translation) 

© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me