Translate

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day 646 of Giving Thanks

I am alive! And, I am loving life! And, what says how I feel the best for today is through Psalm 116. “I love God because he listened to me, listened as I begged for mercy. He listened so intently as I laid out my case before him. Death stared me in the face, hell was hard on my heels. Up against it, I didn't know which way to turn; then I called out to GOD for help: "Please, GOD!" I cried out. "Save my life!" GOD is gracious—it is he who makes things right, our most compassionate God. GOD takes the side of the helpless; when I was at the end of my rope, he saved me.”

“Lord, help me make my life a prayer, rather than having prayer in my life.” ~Shawn Boreta

What are your hopes for your life? Are they defined? Can you visualize the components, the milestones and the outcome with eyes open, as well as eyes closed? Do your hopes include God?

These are the questions that run through my mind as I ask God to help me formulate His purpose for me.

Does my passion use my gifts? Are my gifts used to help others? How do I involve others? Do others see the same passion oozing from my actions? Do I encourage others? Can I others see God in my life? Will I know when to connect the dots? Will I see the challenges and hurdles as ways to grow?

“Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.” James 1:2–4 (NASB95)

And, I will repeat, “I love YOU LORD, for YOU heard my voice; YOU heard my cry for mercy. Because YOU turned his ear to me, I will call on YOU as long as I live.” (rev. Psalm 116:1-2, NIV) 

There is no earthly word to meet the definition in my heart for this kind of love. It is not only commanded, but wholly desired.

You are my portion.
You are my strength.
You are my refuge.
You are my comfort.
You are my safe place.
You are my God.
You are my Savior.
You are everything.

"Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'" ~Matthew 22:37 (NIV)


When doubt sets in, I hear these words tenderly, firmly and lovingly, “You are His treasure. It's time that you treat yourself that way. Remember that the words you say to yourself are speaking of God's creation; God's cherished one; God's daughter or son; the one He went to the cross for.

What are your words telling you? Make them count and honor Him...

Remind me often Lord, that when I cannot find the words, that they will be delivered perfectly to You through the Holy Spirit, in Jesus’ name.


© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Giving-Thanks-Daily/290738571406

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me