Translate

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 652 of Giving Thanks

The distractions are everywhere. The come in pretty packages, as well as distress and challenge. When I focus on what is before me, I cannot focus on what surrounds me. Father, today there have been many distractions, mostly those that typically cause distress and will be followed by a challenge or two. However, I will not fall into the traps of the enemy – where I get so involved in what is going on, that I cannot see what is to come.

Let me remember Your word, when I begin to be somewhere other than where you will me to be. Let me remember, “…I will treat them with kindness. I will watch over them and bring them back to this land. I will build them up and not tear them down; I will plant them and not pull them up. I will give them the desire to know that I am the Lord. Then they will be my people, and I will be their God, because they will return to me with all their heart.” ~Jeremiah 24:5-7 (Good News Translation)

Father I am so grateful for the guide from the Holy Spirit. I am grateful that when I find my circumstances (the distractions) taking over, that I am nudged, pushed or otherwise reeled back into Your presence. I pray for depth; for a sense of purpose is all I read and study. I pray that I will not know distraction for what it once was, but a move toward You in times when things seem to be too much for me. I pray that I am constantly reminded that I am Yours, that I have a purpose and the world and/or enemy have nothing that can take my eyes off of You.

Father, I continue to pray that Your people can be bold and focused on You during trials and challenges. I pray that those who oppose You will get tired of the non-productive work. We pray for protection against the enemy and those who oppose You so fervently. Let us Lord be in Your presence often and depend on the strength, wisdom and discernment of the Holy Spirit as we minister to others and represent You. In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen.

Let me remember, “Let (me) try to know the Lord. He will come to (me) as surely as the day dawns, as surely as the spring rains fall upon the earth.” ~ Hosea 6:3 (Good News Translation)

Let me remember, “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” ~2 Timothy 3:16-17 (New International Version)

Let me remember, that God is God, and that is enough. 



© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Giving-Thanks-Daily/290738571406



No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me