Translate

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 653 of Giving Thanks

There are many days as I begin to write that I get a nudge and then, there is a whisper, “erase and begin again”.

I have learned to listen for that well now. Tonight is one of those nights. I have started and restarted, and I hear, “nope”, “try again”.

As I reflect on my day, which is right where He brought me, I see much resting in His word, much comfort in the quiet. My days are typically very full. I work full time, and often work a bit beyond “closing time”. So, a day off is a great reward, even if I was dealing with a headache.

I was in the book of Matthew today – and I read and read, and dabbled in Isaiah, Psalms, John and Habakkuk as well.

During my quiet time this morning, I heard, “peace” and it seeped deep into my thoughts… ‎"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid." ~John 14:27 (NIV)

‎"You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in YOU." ~Isaiah 26:3 (NIV)

And as my mind directed to the world we live in, I was reminded, that peace is not what we experience in the world, but is a sense that we have within ourselves. The world cannot provide what we need only He can.

The only peace we will have is the peace in knowing our mighty God, and knowing what Jesus did for me; wisdom is only given through the power of the Holy Spirit, and that is where our peace lies. Seek Him, let go of the pain and fear AND lay everything before Him. Peace He will give you.

I am grateful for the time God allowed for His word to steep deeply in me today; it was a day filled with so much wonderful reading and aha and comforting moments.

As I read through Matthew, I stopped for some time in Chapter 8...then, on and on I read.

Wow, how He spoke to me. It appears to be subtle, yet it is very clear.  
Healing - Jesus says to the leper, "I want to. Be clean." ~Matthew 8:3
Healing - complying to the Centurion, "Go. What you believed could happen has happened." ~Matthew 8:13

Now I take both of these verses to heart today and for this ‘continued season’ of physical pain. Today, I will go and what I believed could happen (healing, freedom from physical pain) HAS ALREADY HAPPENED… The Centurion believed that deeply, how can I believe with that much conviction and depth. This is the believe I desire wholly and completely. And, last week’s voyage through Mark gave me my next thought, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!" ~Mark 9:24 (NIV)

And, as I continued to read, clearly, LIFE is His desire for me. "But Jesus told him, “Follow me now. Let the spiritually dead bury their own dead." ~Matthew 8:22 (NLT)

Right there, Jesus gives me permission to focus on Him… in fact, so much so that if you “can’t”, why bother. Go with Him among the living. Amen, what an amazing word. Let me be among the living, and completely leave the dead.

Then I was reminded… to let this all settle in, and be quiet and still. "But oh! God is in his holy Temple! Quiet everyone—a holy silence. Listen!" ~Habakkuk 2:20 (The Message)

During the times that I was not in the word or quietly absorbing and reflecting, I allowed a distraction, to once again, take hold – I must remember that those in the world will argue perfusely, without avail or respect; and I will be away from what God would have me do. And, yet, more pieces came flooding into my mind. Be like a child (Matthew 11:24-26 & 18:4), the touching of His robe by the woman who bled (Matthew 9:20).

And, now it settles and steeps some more. Thank You Lord.  





© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Giving-Thanks-Daily/290738571406


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me