Translate

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 632 of Giving Thanks

We, (the body, the church, brothers and sisters, believers) are all part of the most amazing movement ever created, and the most amazing thing is that it all began at the beginning. As I sit here trying to decide, decipher and determine the path of my writing tonight, many thoughts come to the forefront, my first verse this morning was in John 1, “in the beginning”. When I landed on John 1:14, it hit me, as it does so often, that my creator, who is my savior, became like me to save me. There is no greater gift.

‎"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth." ~John 1:14 (NIV)

John 1 is a rapidly progressing chapter. It starts at the beginning (of every story), Jesus was identified as the Lamb of God, and it ends with Jesus’ illustration of what is to come; talking about where He had come from and where “we could” be too, with Him.

“Then He said, “I tell you the truth, you will all see heaven open and the angels of God going up and down on the Son of Man, the one who is the stairway between heaven and earth.” ~John 1:51 (NLT)

Alone, getting to heaven is impossible – it is standing at the bottom side of a cliff and looking up. It’s perfectly smooth in areas, in others there are thorns and spikes, and in other spots black holes. As we climb alone, we slide, get marred up and are completely lost. But, when we choose Jesus, we move up right along with Him, a guaranteed arrival to our final destination. To me, knowing that I have a guaranteed spot makes the climb easier, even if there are bumps in the path or detours. Personally, I am fascinated with Jesus’ work, His life and how He did it all so that I could be with Him in heaven, and so fortunate that I know.

What an “absolutely” amazing love story I am in the middle of, and if you know Christ, you too can tell the same story. Are you encouraged?

Well, get this with Jesus, “it is finished”. Nothing more is to be done… now does that mean we are idle, it means we work for the kingdom in gratitude of His finished work. Wow!

“From the sixth hour until the ninth hour darkness came over all the land. About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi,lama sabachthani?"—which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” ~Matthew 27:45-46 

Isn’t this what loves stories should be? I have a God who loves me endlessly and perfectly. And I am reassured by getting into His word is where I hide in Him. Closing my eyes as the safety of Him rushes over me with the knowledge of His power for me.

‎"To the faithful you show yourself faithful; to those with integrity you show integrity."~ 2 Samuel 22:26 (New Living Translation)

In Your words Lord, I find out who I am with You. Today I am grateful for the memories so full of life and full of promises. Thank You Lord for Your words so appropriately given.

God's grace is my clarity during times of trouble. God is truly faithful. I have the presence of a mighty God, and that is truly awesome. I am secure and my soul soars.

“We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, where Jesus, who went before us, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek." ~Hebrews 6:19-20

We, (the body, the church, brothers and sisters, believers) are all part of the most amazing movement ever created. Wow! Are you encouraged? 
































© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me