Translate

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 629 of Giving Thanks

Have you ever poured your heart out to God, and waited for an answer or response? And in the process wondered if He heard you or doubted that He would answer in your favor?

Haven’t we all been there?
I used to think of prayer as a “want” list I shared with God and it was kind like the daisy petals with “he loves me, he loves me not”. If my “wish” came true, I was loved, if not…

I can still hear myself saying, “Hello God, I know You love me, so…” Am I the only one?


“But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.” ~James 1:6-7 (New International Version)

I would go to God and pour my heart out; I begged Him to “fix” me and often times in the earlier days, “fix them”. I would compare, justify my actions and even complain about how things were. And, ultimately, what I boiled down to is I was afraid that I wasn’t important enough, but God handled that one…

“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.” ~Psalm 139:13-15 (New International Version)

That was then… now, I trust that the Lord always has my best interest in mind; that His plans for me will come together; and I will hear Him calling me to the quest. Do I have dreams? You bet I do. And, I share them all with my heavenly Father all the time, while learning how to see my life through His eyes. Eyes of purpose, eyes of accomplishment, eyes of compassion, eyes of a creator and Father – while learning how to live my life like Christ – and counting on the power of the Holy Spirit to help me work out all that I don’t understand or comprehend. Then I wait and listen.

“His purpose was to equip God’s people for the work of serving and building up the body of Christ until we all reach the unity of faith and knowledge of God’s Son. God’s goal is for us to become mature adults—to be fully grown, measured by the standard of the fullness of Christ.” ~Ephesians 4:12-13 (Common English Bible)

Learning how to pray has come by learning who God is. It has come through many hours of seeking Him, asking Him and reading His word, His promises and watching Him reveal miracle after miracle in my life.

"I lift up my eyes to the hills—where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth." ~Psalm 121:1-2 (NIV)

In my time this morning, which after getting to work, I realized was not enough time with my Father, my mind started reeling – although in a good way, I started hearing verses in my head, and realizing that contentment is possible.

Being quiet, sitting still, allowing God to be heard are probably the hardest thing for this type A personality to do, and as I avoid the silence most of the time, it is when I am silent that my mind processes what it has taken in. And through the power of the Holy Spirit, "quiet my mind Lord". Let me hear Your words alone, not the words I want to hear, but the words that You have set aside just for me tonight.

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me." ~John 14:1 (NIV)

Know that although life's circumstances seem uncertain, He provides certainty for eternity - and His love is so perfect that He gave His son so you can have certainty. It is personal to Him, He truly desires you in His presence forever.

Oh how He want us to be joyful in our lives - to know that He has already done what is necessary to celebrate in victory... be joyful in the Lord, and know that it is the Lord who is victorious - and celebrate His works in and for us.


"The Lord takes pleasure in his people; he honors the humble with victory. Let God's people rejoice in their triumph and sing joyfully all night long." ~Psalm 149:4-5 (Good News Translation)

Father to Your glory... always Your glory.

My prayer today - my everything, in moments of triumph as well as all other moments. I give You Lord, my everything. Oh Lord, how I love hearing Your voice, and today it is all about passion defining mine and appreciating Yours; Your plan and purpose set through my desires and it is in Your will I will live in trust, confidence and in contentment.

It is awesome to watch in anticipation of the unknown, rather than live in fear of the unknown. It is through relationship that He teaches me – knowing full well, relationship takes time, effort, energy, grace, patience, forgiveness, grace and the power of the Holy Spirit in us to accomplish rightly. Whether it is a relationship with our heavenly Father or anyone else, it is work - God will do His part, BUT I have to do my part.

My heart aches to do rightly in Your eyes God, “to do rightly”... thank You for always being here.

What a beautiful illustration of how God handles us. With absolute care and tenderness, while always showing His strength and presence. Thank You Lord for showing us You in our lives and giving us the ability to see a resemblance of You in us as hope in our times of trouble... "A righteous man may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all;" ~Psalm 34:19, (NIV)

















© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me