Translate

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 640 of Giving Thanks

Today I don’t have any revelations or stories to tell. But I always have my heart to share because of His story, which is embedded so deeply in my life. If someone had told me a few years ago, that I would be spending my days in anticipation for when I could sit down quietly and read, then write I would have laughed. Then if you said, I would be “chatting” with people, writing to atheists, encouraging “nay-sayers” and making a difference through my writing, I would have laughed even harder. You see, I had always heard of God using people in big ways, showing gifts where once there was no hope… My reading and writing had always been the things I avoided most. We do have an awesome God, because now I crave them both.

When I first became a Christian, and for many years, I didn’t pray, I would try, and get “hung up” on the process, the “how to do it right”. And finally, in a moment of desperation to be heard, it all began. The “prayer” that changed prayer for me, forever. It wasn’t flowing or beautiful, and definitely was not gracefully put, in fact, I was stumbling all over my words, but I poured my heart out. It seem every emotion that had been bottle up came rushing out, it was real and genuine – IT WAS REAL. And, that is what God wants, He wants our true emotions to flow through to Him. And, really sensing that He was there with me.

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. 

The closer I get to God, the better I see and hear Him. And, the more I see how He is working in my life. There was a time when I thought praying was like throwing a penny in the fountain. He has to know us, He has to recognize our voice - the voice of gratitude for what we have - the voice of expectation that He is there when we pray - the voice of His child... just a thought or two. I have been writing a blog for 630 days. Where I find something to be thankful for every day. And, He (GOD) has been so faithful. Sometimes, we just don't see the answers because we are onto the next want or desire.... I pray you can hear Him and see His work around you.

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of him" ~1 John 5:14-15


He really does answer all of our prayers in His time. He has the perfect communication reception... We may not always like the answers or the waiting for the answers, but know that He has your best interest in mind.

"God is faithful, and He will not let you be tested beyond your strength but with your testing he will also provide the way out so that you may be able to endure it." ~1 Corinthians 10:13 
Now I pray to live, and live to pray. I cannot image a day where there are many moments in His presence.






I saw this earlier today... 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqINgxJ6b8k


© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Giving-Thanks-Daily/290738571406

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me