Translate

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 639 of Giving Thanks

In everything I do, there is an underlying nudge or urge to learn more, to hope more and to live more intensely. There is an overwhelming sense of drive toward what is right and good. But it is truly an easy “drive”, and easy road. Every challenge, every turn, every victory is one that is closer to becoming who He created me to be. There is so much hope in knowing that everything I do is accomplished with such intense purpose.

Paul stated it so eloquently, that I will borrow it, “For I fully expect and hope that I will never be ashamed, but that I will continue to be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past. And I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ, whether I live or die.  For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better. 22 But if I live, I can do more fruitful work for Christ. So I really don’t know which is better.  I’m torn between two desires: I long to go and be with Christ, which would be far better for me.”  ~Philippians 1:20-23 (NLT)

Let us be light, love and encouragement for each other. Live like Christ is in us - because He is.
“I pray that your love will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in knowledge and understanding.”  ~Philippians 1:9 (New Living Translation) 
And, here is what I know about our prayers:
Yes, our prayers count.
Yes, He hears all of them.
Yes, He has your best interest at heart.
Yes, there is so much hope.
Yes, He answers every single one of our prayers.

Oh wonderful and merciful God. Thank You that every prayer is answered. Thank You for knowing what is best for me. In Jesus' name I hand my day over to You for clarity, confirmation and hope in Your plans.
Let Me answer the tough questions.
Let Me hold you when you are sad.
Let Me confirm your path, when you are unsure.
Let Me be near when no one else is.
Let Me see you grow.
Let Me see your aha moments.
Let Me be a part of you.
Let Me assure your eternity.
Thank You Lord for giving me the "Let MEs”.

Let us be light, love and encouragement for each other. Live like Christ is in you - because He is.

Today Lord, I come to You and thank You for this life I have and this life eternal. I pray that as I live, I will be healed of all that is not Him and I will be changed – this is my humble request.

And, constantly God says, "Hear Me, Trust Me, Abide in Me", and constantly, I am comforted!

Dwell in Me, and I will dwell in you. [Live in Me, and I will live in you.] Just as no branch can bear fruit of itself without abiding in (being vitally united to) the vine, neither can you bear fruit unless you abide in Me.” ~John 15:4 (Amplified Bible)

I love the relationship with my God, and I am so encouraged by those who share my life right now. There are blessings upon blessings, lessons upon lessons, strength upon strength.

“Meanwhile, live in such a way that you are a credit to the Message of Christ. Let nothing in your conduct hang on whether I come or not. Your conduct must be the same whether I show up to see things for myself or hear of it from a distance. Stand united, singular in vision, contending for people's trust in the Message, the good news, not flinching or dodging in the slightest before the opposition. Your courage and unity will show them what they're up against: defeat for them, victory for you—and both because of God. There's far more to this life than trusting in Christ. There's also suffering for him. And the suffering is as much a gift as the trusting. You're involved in the same kind of struggle you saw me go through, on which you are now getting an updated report in this letter.” ~Philippians 1:27-30 (The Message)

















© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Giving-Thanks-Daily/290738571406

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me