Translate

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 645 of Giving Thanks - Shawn Boreta

This was an early morning and as I arrived at work, I knew I had a bunch of time to read before beginning my day. I spent some time perusing through the Book of Acts – today, I saw it as a book of hope, more so than any other time I have read it. I am reminded of how precious the gifts we received from our heavenly Father. The gift of eternal life, with just a calling to the Lord, “Then whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved;” Acts 2:21 and the gift of the Holy Spirit, “Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.” ~Acts 2:21, 38-39

Now as I consider these two chapters, I am in awe of what has been left as evidence for us to know Him; for when our hearts are open, and our intent sincere, He is revealed amazingly. That is truly what I am grateful for.

“…but that the world through Him may be saved." ~John 3:17 

Yet, there are many who will dismiss any thoughts of Him being who He said He is. They will not choose to accept His gift, His offering that is so freely given. And, they will miss out on the most wonderful expectation of all – eternity assured – with a simple choice.

“He is the payment for our sins, and not only for our sins, but also for the sins of the whole world.” ~1 John 2:2

I am grateful that I chose well. I could have been one of the many who will go through life, always searching and “missing out” on what is right before them. They will desire change, truth and justice and not see that it is within their grasp. There will be guilt, condemnation, fear and anger for decisions made – as they travel their life’s journey they will not have unending hope, limitless love, forgiveness for the unforgivable acts, mercy in times of brokenness and abundant favor. There will be no “out” once we leave this earth; my prayer every day is for those who do not choose Him.

”He wants all people to be saved and to learn the truth.” ~1 Timothy 2:4

With this simple choice of accepting His gift, I have a life of hope beyond measure, love like no other love, undeserved grace, tender mercy, amazing favor and a journey that is heaven bound. I have life. I know there is nothing I could ever need, want or desire more.

His gift – that cost much, yet free to us, lives within us. At my death, I was baptized with the Holy Spirit, reborn… saved by amazing grace and now I truly live.

“…but wait for the gift I told you about, the gift my Father promised.  John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.” ~Acts 1:4-5

“And another baptism He gives - a baptism in love. Our Jesus desires to wash us with a never-ending river of liquid love. A love so deep, so profound that we are 'ruined' for any earthly thing called by the same name.” ~Sue King

“There is one body and one Spirit, just as there is one hope to which God has called you. There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism there is one God and Father of all people, who is Lord of all, works through all, and is in all.” ~Ephesians 4:4-6
















All verses are from GOD’S WORD Translation (GW) today.


© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Giving-Thanks-Daily/290738571406

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me