Translate

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 633 of Giving Thanks

As I got ready to write tonight I was thinking about all that I have been these last several years to “get healthy”. For me it has been a constant battle, both emotionally and physically, for most of my adult life I have “dealt” with the enemy in my bloodstream – and for years, fighting this enemy on my own has been futile.  And despite my best efforts, the enemy was winning – until one day last fall, when I said, “enough is enough”.  And, I heard God say, “I am enough”.

“Don’t you know that your body is a temple that belongs to the Holy Spirit? The Holy Spirit, whom you received from God, lives in you. You don’t belong to yourselves. You were bought for a price. So bring glory to God in the way you use your body.” ~1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (GOD’S WORD Translation)
 
And it was on that same day, that the fear and I gave that enemy completely to the Lord.

“The LORD created Jacob and formed Israel. Now, this is what the LORD says:  Do not be afraid, because I have reclaimed you.I have called you by name; you are mine.” Isaiah 43:1 (GOD’S WORD Translation)

My growth is truly His accomplishment, and a work I can admire, not for what I did, but that He first, gave me the gift of change and the gift of Him. As I look back, I see His work and I know very well today, it is in the painful moments that I can actually stop and recognize the great days. Today, I know that a great day can be every day that I focus on what He did and what I am grateful for.

Getting healthy began with trusting God. Being healthy continues by dwelling in Him. Staying healthy is the only choice.

Don’t fear, because I am with you; don’t be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will surely help you; will hold you with my righteous strong hand.” ~Isaiah 41:10 (Common English Bible)

God is my medicine of choice. And, there is no doubt with His potency and no uncertainty today through eternity. Every day, I turn to Him for strength, courage and clarity, and every day He pours hope into me. My thoughts are on His promises and His faithfulness never waivers.

 
© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me