Translate

Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 623 of Giving Thanks

“Now that I am a child of God, I must remember that everything that comes to me is via His hand, with His permission and in His timing.”~ Sue King (yesterday)

Wisdom for sure. This little gem came to me yesterday with full force. I already ‘knew’ it. I already had it working for me in lots of areas of my life.

God has been working with me for the past year getting this ‘trust’ thing really happening. He’s been showing me over and over again that all I need to do is seek Him, follow Him and all the rest will follow.

“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” ~Matthew 6:33

So why do I still get rattled when things don’t turn out as I think they should? Why do I think that if my Father (who is the creator and controller of the entire universe and beyond) wanted me to have something, He would allow a mere earthling to take it from my grasp? Why do I still think sometimes that my life is controlled by the decisions and actions of the people who surround me?

I know that now I am a daughter of the King my life is directed by a different set of rules. I have no need to be concerned by the circumstances I find myself in. They are not my reality. I am a daughter of the King, living in the Kingdom. My needs will be met. I have all I need and more.

If I had been born to royalty, I would not need to learn how to walk as royalty. But I am a commoner learning to walk in a different kingdom. Those born to royalty never doubt their personal value or whether their needs will be supplied. Commoners worry about where the next provision will come from and who they will be controlled or oppressed by.

So as I learn to walk as royalty, I need to stop myself from slipping back into the old thought patterns. Learn to smile that regal smile in all circumstances. Know that my future is assured regardless. ‘You can try to rattle my cage but you won’t rattle me’ kind of thinking.

Everything (repeat that…EVERYTHING) that happens to me comes via my Father. He has sent it, or allowed it, or controlled it, and will use it for my benefit or to bless me. No one else can change that so I can STOP WORRYING- FRETTING - DOUBTING and trust that He’s got it covered. I am where He wants me to be as long as I…

“…seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”~Matthew 6:33


© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me