Translate

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day 622 of Giving Thanks

Energy has been a rare commodity for me for years. Yet, in the last few weeks it has flowed freely. There is an unending influx of energy. I don’t think I’ll be running  any marathons soon, but I am going forward in a different manner; instead of laboring to take that next step, I step smoothly and grace-fully.

Matthew 11:28 comes to mind, as I have prayed that verse and held onto that promise for a very long time.

“Come to me, all you who are struggling hard and carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28 (Common English Bible)

I have chosen to swap WEARY - W.anting, E.xasperated, A.ngry, R.esistant and Y.earning for energy.

Over the last year, there has been a working and smoothing of the edges within my heart – and the more I know forgiveness, the more I know mercy, the more I know what I receive is so undeserving, so amazing.

Today, I have ENERGY in place of weary – E.nlightened, N.ew, E.ngaged, R.estored, G.rowth and Y.earning – yes, yearning to know forgiveness, to know mercy, and to be thankful for all I receive that is so undeserving and so amazing.



© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta                     
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

2 comments:

  1. Hi Shawn,

    I was initially looking for an image of Hope and Purpose (google search), and ended up here. I love the writing style and today's acronyms are just great. I do hope you don't mind that I tagged the image and linked back to your blog as a source.
    Sincerely,
    Dan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason I haven't been able to see the comments... Thanks Dan for your kind words.

      Delete

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me