Translate

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 604 of Giving Thanks

Staying faithful, is only possible by staying connected to a faithful God!” This has been my mantra… a diligent prayer to call on God often. And over time I have learned that to remain faithful I must remain open to hear the God’s voice through others. One of my first lessons I received as an early believe is that the “bible is it”; the only authority. There are to be no additions and no changes EVER to God’s Word.

Do everything that I have commanded you; do not add anything to it or take anything from it.” ~Deuteronomy 12:32 (Good News Translation)
“Do not add to His words, or He will correct you and prove you are a liar.” ~Proverbs 30:6 (New Century Version)

This, my friends is serious! We must think and act with the guide of the Holy Spirit, for without that discernment we become fools and unknowingly become advocates of the enemy. We have the perfect partner in our life with the Holy Spirit. And, His guidance is greatly needed (and should be desired) as we are in the midst of spiritual warfare constantly. We have a lot of things going on behind the scenes including a mighty God.

I am grateful, every moment of every day that I accepted God’s gift of salvation 9 years ago. I am grateful, every moment of every day that He is with me through all times – good and bad, happy or sad, through joy or sorrow – through all times with a wonderful and perfect God. I am greatly alive.

“My counsel is this: Live freely, animated and motivated by God's Spirit. Then you won't feed the compulsions of selfishness. For there is a root of sinful self-interest in us that is at odds with a free spirit, just as the free spirit is incompatible with selfishness. These two ways of life are antithetical, so that you cannot live at times one way and at times another way according to how you feel on any given day. Why don't you choose to be led by the Spirit and so escape the erratic compulsions of a law-dominated existence?” ~Galatians 5:16-18 (The Message)

We all need encouragement”, and as I ponder this factual statement, I am also greatly aware that encouragement can also be a detriment. And you say, “How can that be?” When we give encouragement for things that are not of God, we do the enemy’s work. As I pray about this I know this is a sticky area for many believers, which it really shouldn’t be. Let me just say, I used to take correction as criticism – my head and heart said “disapproval, scorn, condemnation, denigration and a total blow to my ego. “How could I be wrong?” was a frequent thought. My thoughts on this matter have changed dramatically.

“Those who are led by God's Spirit are God's children.” ~Romans 8:14 (Good News Translation)

Jesus gave His life for me. Jesus gave His life for you. But without action, the gift sits unopened and unappreciated. Think of this way. Someone gives you a gift and it sits on the kitchen table for days, but you never open the gift. Have you really received that gift? Jesus died so that I could receive that wonderful gift, my action was to open the gift; to accept it, appreciate it.

"But I say, walk and live [habitually] in the [Holy] Spirit [responsive to and controlled and guided by the Spirit]; then you will certainly not gratify the cravings and desires of the flesh (of human nature without God)." ~Galatians 5:16 (Amplified Bible)

My friends, we will be corrected when needed - God makes sure of that – watch what you defend. With the Holy Spirit in us, we will draw the right people to shed that light.

I was corrected on a post I wrote over the weekend by two amazing women of God on Wonderfully Made (thanks Sue and Tina for bringing clarity). My friends, you should never be afraid to address an issue that you see or read, as no one is above correcting when led).... all in learning my friends, all in growing and all in being more like Christ. And, we should be eager and prayerful when we receive insight. I encourage prayer and petition for clarity of the words we write and promote and receive - this is all done in love and through the tender urgings of an amazing God through the Holy Spirit.

We must be open to input, and allow the Holy Spirit to use others in our walk. This is not done through debate, or in a group, but through relationship with others. That's what we are here for, encourage and learn, love and grow all while we glorify and edify God.

“The Spirit has given us life; He must also control our lives.” ~Galatians 5:25 (Good News Translation)

Live today and God will take care of tomorrow. There is so much peace in this and with His word... absolutely no need to change anything He gives us.


Special acknowledgments to Sue King, Ron McIntyre, Tina Wetor and Sonia Trujillo for verse references and the inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me