Translate

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 605 of Giving Thanks

I believe we all suffer from frustration with people. We get angry and react. Are we really reacting to the situation? Are we reacting because of our own insecurities? Are we reacting to something that happened yesterday or earlier today? Are we reacting because of some unrealized baggage that is deep within our subconscious?

My friends, especially those of us who are in "teacher" mode, be patient with people and be dependent on God through the Holy Spirit to react with or for you. If someone is not supposed to be in your circle, you will know. I do more praying about "who" these days. "Lord, who is here that I am supposed to be connected with? Show me daily that I am in Your will with Your work."

”Proverbs will teach you wisdom and self-control and how to understand sayings with deep meanings. You will learn what is right and honest and fair. From these, an ordinary person can learn to be smart, and young people can gain knowledge and good sense.” ~Proverbs 1:2-4 (Contemporary English Version)

There are many times that I hang on with relationships or connections way too long, and very rarely am I regretful for the effort, however I am sad for every lost relationship.

And, there are some that I have cut off way too quickly and feel I gave up too soon. Have you been there too? 

It is better to react when the stirrings of anger or hurt subside before eliminating people.

We are all here to learn from one another, encourage one another, SHARPEN ONE ANOTHER

“People learn from one another, just as iron sharpens iron.” Proverbs 27:17 (Good News Translation)

Social Media has put a completely different spin on friendship. When we hit that "un-friend" button too quickly, we can “miss out” on a blessing or a lesson. What are you saying about that lesson? Did you just “miss out” on the blessing of repair, the blessing of discussion or the blessings of insight? Do you know what is behind the curtain of that person’s soul? Have you walked in their shoes? Have you listened to what they actually said that “set you off”?

“Act on What You Hear  - Post this at all the intersections, dear friends: Lead with your ears, follow up with your tongue, and let anger straggle along in the rear. God's righteousness doesn't grow from human anger. So throw all spoiled virtue and cancerous evil in the garbage. In simple humility, let our gardener, God, landscape you with the Word, making a salvation-garden of your life.” ~James 1:19-21 (The Message)

My lessons are treasured and priceless… and quite honestly, the people who challenge me the most are the same people who bless me the most with their insights and perspectives.

“A person of great understanding is patient, but a short temper is the height of stupidity.” ~Proverbs 14:29 (GOD’S WORD Translation)

Personally, I would rather lay my head on the pillow knowing that I waited too long than wonder if I reacted too quickly, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me