Translate

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 620 of Giving Thanks - Tina Wetor

Walk Up the Mountain
by Tina Wetor

As we gaze at the mountain, it can completely overwhelming to get to the top.  Sometimes, the vision of the mountain can blind our ability to clear see where to begin to conquer it.  On the mountain top lies our dreams, desires, and victory but it’s hard to find the path to get there.  When we approach the mountain, it’s there we learn a simple step, we have to climb or walk up to get to the top.  As we get to the top, we realize the journey was overcome through faith, perseverance, and walking the path.

At this moment, I have been very overwhelmed with the mountain of the ministry God was called me too.  It’s beyond my ability to complete, it’s only in God’s grace, strength, and His promise I can stand.  Our pilgrimage of faith will only be complete if we walk it.  It’s a daily choice of walking by faith and not by sight. (Romans 1:17)  We must have daily communion with our Abba Father, so we can have the peace, counsel, and guidance upon our steps.  All of the steps of the righteous are ordered by the Lord.  We don’t have to worry about the next step; we are only to take the first one: trust fully in the Lord. 

During those moments of fear, doubt and insecurity, we must write down God’s promises to us.  As I have been cleaning my office, I came upon my journal of God’s promises for my life.  Also, I found a precious paper I wrote a beautiful dream of what God promised me.  It was an encouragement to me, God lovingly reminded me of His promise.  All of God’s promises are a reminder of His power, His love, and His truth.  Also, it’s reassuring us of His never ending love for us.

Jesus still loves me!  It’s a simple truth but so reassuring in the moments of the enemy’s attack.  Although I fail the Lord, we all will.  His mercies are new every day, His mercies never fail.  He will keep me spotless and blameless until His precious return.  When we dedicate our lives to Christ, He owns it.  He paid with His love, His life.  So, He is about to give up on me but guide me closer to Him.  All of His desires can’t be stopped for me, my life is His.  So, I am so grateful I belong to a precious Savior who has keeping power.  Nothing can separate me!  Absolutely nothing can separate me from His love or care.

So, the mountain may see enormous as we stare at it.  Doubt, unbelief, and fear will keep us at the valley of the mountain.  It’s only faith in Christ that can move it.  We can’t turn back, we have to face it.  So, take the first step...fall flat on your face into the arms of Christ.  The next step is simply trust in Him.  Jesus will never lead you away from Him or out of His care.  It’s time to trust Him, His guidance is promised.

Psalm 32:8 says,  "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you."  When God called me into ministry, I was given this promise.  Write the promise on the tablet of your heart, so you can reflect on the promise.  Also, write it on a journal so when satan whispers doubt, you can shout the promise.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me