Translate

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 615 of Giving Thanks

I am grateful, not only today, but every day that I have God’s Word and the power of the Holy Spirit as I read the Word. Gaining understanding and living out what I understand through that same power, is what I am living for as I live toward the eternity He has for me. The road to eternity with God is narrow, very narrow...

“Go in through the narrow gate. The gate that leads to destruction is broad and the road wide, so many people enter through it. But the gate that leads to life is narrow and the road difficult, so few people find it.” ~Matthew 7:13-14 (Contemporary English Version)

I am quite disturbed by how many leaders – those teaching and shepherding others – are just not “getting it”. My heart aches over the poor information and total misrepresentation of the Word. We all know, the road to spirituality (notice lowercase “s”) is wide, massive and very easy to find and get to. There are many people (here, friends of yours), touting God, but what god, who is their god? Is their spiritual walk leading them to the narrow path, the right path?

Friends do not be misled – do not allow those you are leading to follow the wrong path. You are responsible if you are teaching and encouraging through God's Word to know “who” you are associating with and bringing people to, knowingly or not, it just makes sense to know who you are encouraging.

“Brothers and sisters, not many of you should become teachers. You know that we who teach will be judged more severely.” ~James 3:1 (GOD’s WORD Translation)

I am also very encouraged by all those who are true to His Word and stand firm. I love hearing the truth delivered; I love seeing a brother or sister standing firm on the Word and seeing those who do not waiver in their discussions with others. Our lessons come every day as we live out our life, and we listen to God correct us. That has been my greatest joy – to learn and grow every day. And, as the Word is read, absorbed and filtered for His purposes for me, I live in hope and gratitude. My prayer is, that even though I live in this world where stumbling is possible, to live greatly in His power, and be a blessing to those I know. Living in community, loving and learning, while basking in the power of the Holy Spirit - looking at and living out in amazing favor. It is all about community - our family of those who devour the Word, live for Christ and hold on tightly to the truth of a mighty God.

“Real wisdom, God's wisdom, begins with a holy life and is characterized by getting along with others. It is gentle and reasonable, overflowing with mercy and blessings, not hot one day and cold the next, not two-faced. You can develop a healthy, robust community that lives right with God and enjoy its results only if you do the hard work of getting along with each other, treating each other with dignity and honor.”  ~James 3:17-18 (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me