Translate

Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 621 of Giving Thanks

In my circumstances, I can cave or I can thrive, in other words, I can ascend or descend.

Getting through the moments of uncertainty or being uncomfortable or, even feeling overwhelmed can all be met head on in full confidence because I do it all with help.

“When, however, the Spirit comes, who reveals the truth about God, he will lead you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own authority, but he will speak of what he hears and will tell you of things to come.” ~John 16:13 (Good News Translation)

It is the help that Jesus left me, and you. And, lately, I am finding that my biggest need for “help” is keeping out the thoughts that are harmful, detrimental and scaring.

We can pray for the voices to stop, BUT it is up to me to command the voices to stop, in Jesus’ name. Jesus came and left the Holy Spirit for me and it is only in His power that all is possible. So, with every thought, I ask, “who am I listening to?”

I must remember there is only one voice that is worth listening to and abiding in, while basking in His glorious promises. The Holy Spirit is my complete and perfect helper; the One who knows my every need, my every desire and my purpose.

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Never rely on what you think you know. Remember the Lord in everything you do, and He will show you the right way.” ~Proverbs 3:5-6 (Good News Translation) 

Father, Your strength!

God, you may bring me to the desert, lead me into a storm or let me lose my footing on the mountain, BUT I thank You that I don't have to stay in the desert; my feet can be firmly planted in the storm; and I can start climbing up the mountain again.

It is Your help that is ever-present, ever willing and ever able to be with me. Lord, I welcome the times when you show me that I am thirsty.

“He makes my feet like those of a deer and gives me sure footing on high places.” ~ Psalm 18:33 (GODS WORD Translation)

It is Your help that is ever-present, ever willing and ever able to be with me.

Father, Your strength!

I am in the daughter of the King, and I can celebrate and be thankful every day.

“Jesus said, "I know. I saw Satan fall, a bolt of lightning out of the sky. See what I've given you? Safe passage as you walk on snakes and scorpions, and protection from every assault of the Enemy. No one can put a hand on you. All the same, the great triumph is not in your authority over evil, but in God's authority over you and presence with you. Not what you do for God but what God does for you—that's the agenda for rejoicing." ~Luke 10:18-20 (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me