Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 602 of Giving Thanks - Guest Writer, Jennifer Odom White

I completely believe that God is placing so many amazing people in my life, for me to learn. A little over a year ago, about day 247, I met Jennifer. She is a wonderful encourager - a beautiful woman of God. I am so honored that she agreed to write for Giving Thanks Daily today.  Thank You Jennifer. 


Confident Decision Making

For the first thirty plus years of my life, I found it very difficult to know for sure what was right and what was wrong. Most of what I could see was grey as opposed to white or black. I was led by feelings, my own and those of anyone else sharing with me.

Fast forward to the day I learned that peace and confidence came from obedience to God (Isaiah 32:17). By studying, searching, and asking others, I could find the scriptures where God confirmed what I should do. Peace began to wash over me. I was no longer haunted by the “if this, then that” fear of hurting someone’s feelings. I know the absolute authority who has provided an absolute answer.

Soon after this “Ah -ha” regarding peace and obedience, a friend shared that he had feelings for me. It was easy to tell him I was happily married and very committed to my husband. He later tested my resolve by expressing his feelings for me again. God revealed to me in that moment that his “feelings” did not match up with scripture. I explained to him that God would not cause a person to want another person’s wife. Those feelings were rooted in sin and should be ignored.

You and I are going to bump into countless “feelings”. While the world yells “follow your heart”, the Bible says “the human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked” ~Jeremiah 17:9. Be ready to disregard your feelings when they do not match the teachings of God’s word. Sacrifice them and wait on the sure reward of following the author of life itself.

"Trust in the Lord with all our heart and lean not on our own understanding." ~Proverbs 3:5


Jennifer lives in Branson, Missouri with her husband David. She works for New Leaf Publishing Group, a Christian publishing company. She is an intercessor, enjoys serving others, loves cooking, and has a passion for sharing Christ’s message with others. You can also find her on Twitter and Facebook.
Her web presence:
http://nlpg.com
http://jenniferowhite.com
http://twitter.com/jenniferowhite
http://facebook.com/jenniferwhite

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me

About Me

My photo

I love people. My life has been spent seeking new friendships and helping others. God's gifting is being worked out into His plan for me. I am excited to share insights of His leadings and lessons.