Translate

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 606 of Giving Thanks

“Thank You Lord, for understanding my lack of understanding, especially with where I am right now,” Were the words I muttered as I left my office today; honestly, “feeling” a bit dismayed and disheartened and disappointed. I was loaded down with things to deliver to a volunteer group tonight, so I stepped into the elevator – completely forgetting to push the button to go down, but pressed in to continue my prayer, “Lord, help me to maintain the proper perspective. Help me to not care what others think or say about me; help me to be honest and see truth through the haze of my circumstances. Help me keep my eyes on You at all times.”

“But if any of you lack wisdom, you should pray to God, who will give it to you; because God gives generously and graciously to all.” ~James 1:5 (Good News Translation) 
I finally realized I had been standing there, yet the elevator had not moved. Getting things moving took just a push of the button. As I stepped out of the elevator, and through the doors toward my car, I felt a sweep of emotion – it’s not that anything is all that bad, or my circumstances are not bearable, they are just not changing as fast as I would like. There is a part of me that wants to just push a button for things to move - to choose the place where I will land, comfortably, safely and on track to move forward. I believe we all have things we’d like to “skip”.

My spirit is stirring... I am grateful for all of God's persuasive nudges and pushes to the truth and WHAT IS RIGHT. And, doing what is right, even and especially when I am not comfortable, but satisfied.

“Because I have lived right, I will see your face. When I wake up, I will see your likeness and be satisfied.”  ~ Psalm 17:15 (New Century Version)

I have allowed “feelings” to stir and activate an uneasiness that seems to consume my thoughts, and I am grateful for these stirrings – as well as my deep sense of urgency to bring it all to my heavenly Father. There are things that I know for sure, which give me an advantage:
I am a child of God.
I have a wonderful purpose for my life.
I will be “here” as long as He desires me to be.
I am not alone on this journey.
My creator, my savior, my Father and God is with me for every step.

I am a slave to the work of Christ on the cross, yet I am free... and that gives me perfect freedom.

“But you aren’t self-centered. Instead you are in the Spirit, if in fact God’s Spirit lives in you. If anyone doesn’t have the Spirit of Christ, they don’t belong to him. If Christ is in you, the Spirit is your life because of God’s righteousness, but the body is dead because of sin. If the Spirit of the one who raised Jesus from the dead lives in you, the one who raised Christ from the dead will give life to your human bodies also, through his Spirit that lives in you.” ~Romans 8:9-11 (Common English Bible)

As I close out this day, and come to my God for guidance tonight, I pray for clarity of purpose; the delivery of my thoughts and prayers through the Holy Spirit in a manner that represents my heart, my desires and my purpose. I may not know all that God has, the specifics of becoming who He designed me to be, but I do know that I never have to worry about the outcome.

The Holy Spirit is my guide. I must seek His assistance always. The Holy Spirit is my translator, I must ask for His input and discernment with everything I do. Thank You for this freedom. 

Father, I continue to come to You wholly and seek Your wisdom, reveal to me all that You have, through the power of the Holy Spirit and in the name of Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me