Translate

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Day 601 of Giving Thanks

I have not had a bad day in so long, yet I know that every day could go in that direction. I am thankful for the amazing moments that blend my days - those moments that pick me up and draw me nearer to God. I remember a time when there were no moments like that, when my focus was on me, and I had no idea who I was. Have you ever thought, “why me”? I believe we all have asked ourselves that once or twice. I have worked extremely hard to get out of my “bag of questions”

What I have learned to ask, when things are tough or challenging or even horrible, is “God, how can You use this? Where are You taking me now?” If the situation is too much, I give it to Him, because that is what He tells us to do, right?

"Come to me, all of you who are tired and have heavy loads, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28 (NCV)

Coming to Him has changed my life. Calling to Him has given me a true sense of freedom that I never knew before. My prayer for you, my friends tonight, is that You too feel drawn to go to Him and lay all your worries and concerns before Him. Trust that He will answer your request – in His will, and perfectly according to what He has planned for you.

Over the past year, I have gone back to several verses, including Matthew 11:28, may they be a comfort to you as well.

“Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.” ~Jeremiah 33:3 (English Standard Version)
“and provide for those who grieve in Zion—to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.  They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.” ~Isaiah 61:3 (NIV)
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.” ~Matthew 7:7-8 (NIV)
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." ~Galatians 6:9 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me