Translate

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 596 of Giving Thanks

‎"Are you ready to take the next step in discovering exactly what God has planned for you? Don't miss another moment that could be spent in the blessings He promises." ~Charles F. Stanley (God's Promises for You)
This is a great question from Mr. Stanley. It is a question and counsel to ponder many times in my life.

I have been on this journey of discovery for quite some time now. And, although many times I thought I should have “arrived” already, I know today that arrival is not for this world, but milestones and purpose are. Every step I have taken in my lifetime are steps that map out progress. When there is error repair and restoration happens, and a lesson is learned. When there is a good outcome, it is noted and remembered how to “do it” right for the next time.

I just love the definition of prog-ress
1. a movement toward a goal or to a further or higher stage: the progress of a student toward a degree.
3. advancement in general
EXPAND
–verb (used without object) pro•gress
10. to go forward or onward in space or time
11. to grow or develop, as in complexity, scope, or severity; advance

As the day presses on, I press in... I make progress.

Have you ever had a day that seems to move at the speed of light, yet nothing seems to be getting done? Well, we all have them. I tell myself “RELAX, stop for a moment and ask God to slow me down”. Live on purpose and that means, every moment on purpose. If the moments are slipping away, you are the only one to stop them and God will give you strength to hit the brakes.

Today, I am grateful for progress – for every day I am with God, I know that I will advance, move forward, develop and become who He intends me to be. Today’s progress of reminding me how good I have it; so many times I have seen progress differently and I am grateful for my life as it is and grateful for what I am becoming.

Tonight, there is just stillness as I write; I have the amazing blessing of 80-degree F weather enjoying the evening noises on our deck – looking out at our garden and enjoying what we have worked so hard on over the last few years. Tonight there is no pressing in, just leaning on and resting in a mighty God’s favor. As I sit here, I can hear birds and can recognize His voice in the silence of the evening.

“God's Works and Word
For the director of music. A psalm of David.The heavens declare the glory of God, and the skies announce what his hands have made. Day after day they tell the story; night after night they tell it again. They have no speech or words; they have no voice to be heard. But their message goes out through all the world; their words go everywhere on earth. The sky is like a home for the sun.” ~ Psalm 19:1-4 (New Century Version)

This evening as you look at your life, where you are and how you too are progressing, I share with you some of my thoughts. Discovering every day what God has for you is accomplished only when you have a relationship with Him. There is one God and one solution to Him... it may look like many, but beware of "the many ways to God" and the "I can earn my way into heaven" philosophies - if that were the case, there would be "no case for Christ". Look to the cross and you are on your way – for at the foot of the cross is hope.

"I wait for the Lord, I expectantly wait, and in His word do I hope." ~Psalm 130:5 (Amplified Bible)
So to complete as I began tonight with Mr. Stanley’s question, “Are you ready to take the next step in discovering exactly what God has planned for you?

"This, in a nutshell, is that will: that everything handed over to me by the Father be completed—not a single detail missed—and at the wrap-up of time I have everything and everyone put together, upright and whole. This is what my Father wants: that anyone who sees the Son and trusts who he is and what he does and then aligns with him will enter real life, eternal life. My part is to put them on their feet alive and whole at the completion of time." ~John 6:39-40 (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me