Translate

Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 607 of Giving Thanks - Guest Writer, Connie Wetzell

If you don't already know Connie, this will give you a peek into her character... a beautiful and godly woman... talented, and my friend. I will let her words speak for themselves. Thank you Connie.


THE ROMANCE OF THE DANCE WITH JESUS
By: Connie Wetzell

“Dance with me Lord, lover of my soul
 To the song of all songs
 Romance me O lover of my soul
 To the song of all songs”

Song by: Robert Stearns


You know how life takes twists and turns that just come out of nowhere?  I’m sure you can relate.  A few months back, I woke up one morning and realized that I had lost my voice.  For me, this is a tragic thing because I make my living predominantly as a voice over artist.  No talk…no mula!  Yikes!  My left vocal cord ruptured and I needed to be on 2 weeks of vocal rest…complete silence.  For this out-going, Italian woman, it was a real challenge.  I was determined to live my life as normally as possible walking around with a dry erase board and marker to communicate with people.  I’d go into the Starbucks and order my Grande, Soy, Cappuccino in writing and the clerk would “sign” back to me as if I couldn’t hear.

In the midst of my silence I would sit before God asking Him what I would do if my voice was not restored as it was.  How could I make a living?  Who would provide for me?  But during this time I had a real sense of peace and felt His presence surrounding me like never before.  I spent a lot of time in the Word and journaling…trying to listen to what God was saying.  One night after praying about all these things and drifting off to sleep, I had one of the most profound dreams where God was addressing ALL of my concerns…and I want to share it with you because I believe that this word is for you as much as it is for me.

In the dream I was dancing with Jesus.  I didn’t see his face, but I knew it was Him.  It was truly the most romantic experience ever…in a pure sense.  All  I know is I never wanted the dance to end.  In the dance, He was holding me. I felt so safe.  He was showing me that He is my husband and protector.

“For your maker is your husband – the Lord Almighty is His name – the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer.” ~Isaiah 54:5

He showed me that I am secure in His arms.  He is my provider.

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat, or about your body, what you will wear. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!”  ~Luke 12: 22,24.

In the dance He was showing me a love that is endless, unconditional.

“For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord..” Rom 8: 38 & 39.

He showed me that He is committed to our relationship.  He is not going anywhere.

“Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”  ~Hebrews 13:5

And in the dance He was leading me, ordering my steps and setting me on the right path.

“The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, And He delights in his way.” ~Psalm 37:23“In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.”  ~Proverbs 3:6 

In the dream, I pulled back to look at His face and I said “Jesus! My voice is back and it sounds so beautiful.”  He said, “Your voice is always beautiful when you praise me.

I woke up worshipping the Lord for this incredible dream.  How sweet of Him to address all the things I prayed about…all of my concerns.  I don’t know what you are facing today.  But, whatever it is, He is there…holding you, protecting you, providing for you, loving you, committed to you and leading you. I want to encourage you today to hold on to the promises in His Word, living your life with purpose and exuberance for God.  And bask in the Romance of the dance…with Jesus.


Links:
www.ConnieWetzell.com
www.thehealingwordofgod.com
email: info@ConnieWetzell.com


All About Connie: 
Connie Wetzell is a voice over artist, author, speaker, producer, and an engaging communicator.   You’ve heard her versatile voice on numerous commercials, popular audio books, or even while you were “on hold”--her client roster ranging from Sprint, to USA Today, to Lowe’s, The Home Depot, Enterprise Rent A Car, Bank of America and a host of others.  Connie received an A.I.R., Achievement in Radio” award by the March of Dimes for having the Best Morning Show on a popular syndicated Christian Radio station in Nashville, Way-FM, in 1998. It was evident then as it is now that Connie has a gift of humor and at the same time eloquence in expressing the joys and sorrows of life. She is an author of Live Laugh Love Again (Warner Faith) and the powerful audio series “The Healing Word of God” where she poignantly delivers the words of faith, comfort, peace and hope found in the Bible.   Collaborations include, “God’s Survival Guide”, “God’s Survival Guide For Women” (Elm Hill Books/Thomas Nelson)  In addition, she has also voiced and produced “Devotionals For Women On The Go”, an audio devotional for Women of Faith.  Having gone through many difficulties including life debilitating panic attacks and a devastating divorce after 26 years, she passionately and vulnerably communicates the message that through faith in God and standing on the promises of His Word, there is hope.  Connie says, “The Word is medicine for the soul. It’s the medicine that doesn’t have any negative side effects.  You can’t overdose on it.  It’s guaranteed to work every time.  And, it’s absolutely free.”  Her desire is for you to know that whatever difficult circumstance you may be facing-- you are not alone.  You will live, laugh and love again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me