Translate

Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 603 of Giving Thanks - Sue King

Seek Him…
“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.” ~Hebrews 11:6

The last year for me has been a time of learning to trust in God. To peel back and discard the layers of self; to learn to rely less on myself and more on Him. Trust comes from knowing Him and knowing His ways. I can only know those things by drawing closer to Him…by seeking Him first above ALL things.

Over the last year I’ve learnt to release many things that I held too tightly.  God requires that we seek Him first in all things- that there be nothing that we place above Him- even / especially the work that we do for Him. Release, release, release and TRUST. I am where I am, doing what I am doing because He wills it. How do I know that?

Matthew 6:33 says, “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”

Seek Him…..first and above ALL things.

So I am learning to go to Him first on all things- to seek His voice first, and to be careful that I don’t allow anything to come between us.

Matthew 6 in the message bible tells us how to come to our Father in prayer-
Jesus says…

 "Here's what I want you to do: Find a quiet, secluded place so you won't be tempted to role-play before God. Just be there as simply and honestly as you can manage. The focus will shift from you to God, and you will begin to sense his grace.”

Just be there – as simply and as honestly as you can manage… no theatrics, no formula’s… just simply and honestly.

And pray -

“Our Father in heaven, Reveal who you are. Set the world right; Do what's best— as above, so below. Keep us alive with three square meals.    Keep us forgiven with you and forgiving others. Keep us safe from ourselves and the Devil. You're in charge! You can do anything you want! You're ablaze in beauty!     Yes. Yes. Yes.” ~Matthew 6

The only part that’s about me – the only thing I need to do is seek Him- simply and honestly…

Matthew 6: 21 continues …

“It's obvious, isn't it? The place where your treasure is, is the place you will most want to be, and end up being.”

I want that to be with God…now AND then.
There is a story by C.S. Lewis that talks about how we can become so used to playing in the mud and dirt that we actually become content playing in the dirt and making mud pies- when we could be building sand castles at a holiday resort. We can become content with this world and what it offers and miss out on walking in the kingdom now.

Look to God… seek Him…

“Your eyes are windows into your body. If you open your eyes wide in wonder and belief, your body fills up with light.” ~Matthew 6:22

Seek Him, see Him…fill with light….

All we have to do is seek Him…simply and honestly…and all else will follow. Matthew 6 then goes on talking about trusting God for His provision…trusting God to come through and then says…

"What I'm trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God's giving. 
When we seek Him we find all things in Him.

People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.” ~Matthew 6: 31-32 (The Message)

All my everyday human concerns will be met..and more… so incredibly much more…
Mud pies in the dirt versus sandcastles at the resort…

“You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.” ~Psalm 16:11

Seek Him first in all you do….

And as I seek Him - simply and honestly… He leads me to do His will…

Together we are building the kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me