Translate

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 616 of Giving Thanks

 “Your blessings are with him forever, and your presence fills him with joy.” ~Psalm 21:6 (Good News Translation)

Today, a day of reset, yet, my mind is reeling.

It has been a month of healing; a month of God’s work in me showing up in huge ways like no other time in my life. Just when I think, “life is good – how could it get any better”, I seem to shift into the next level in seeing differently. Now, don’t get me wrong, I still have challenges and obstacles just like everyone else but I have been able to look past those and focus on seeing what God is doing. So, that shift I was talking about, I am able to imagine the “better”, seeing how to improve so many areas of my life, and take action.

I would ponder much before, and act very little – I am not sure if anyone else does this too, but I suspect it is a common activity of non-action. I have begun to see His greatness all around me. I am getting better, only because of God’s goodness.

"How great is your GOODNESS! You have stored it up for those who fear you. You do GOOD THINGS for those who TRUST you. You do this for all to see." ~Psalm 31:19 (The Everyday Bible)

I am a blessed woman, a child of God, daughter of the King. With all that, how could I possibly be anything but blessed?

“If you listen obediently to the Voice of GOD, your God, and heartily obey all his commandments that I command you today, GOD, your God, will place you on high, high above all the nations of the world. All these blessings will come down on you and spread out beyond you because you have responded to the Voice of GOD, your God:

   GOD's blessing inside the city,
   GOD's blessing in the country;
   GOD's blessing on your children,
      the crops of your land,
      the young of your livestock,
      the calves of your herds,
      the lambs of your flocks.
   GOD's blessing on your basket and bread bowl;
   GOD's blessing in your coming in,
   GOD's blessing in your going out.” ~Deuteronomy 28:1-6 (The Message)

A few weeks ago, I gave a copy of the last 120 entries of Giving Thanks Daily to a friend, who is not a Christian, but she is very interested in learning about Jesus. She stopped by this afternoon to drop some stuff by the house – and we spent over 30 minutes talking in front of my house; she said how much all of the words made sense, how wonderful it seems to have such security, comfort and faith. How good is God? He is greater than we will ever know or comprehend. Her words to me as she walked away were, “I want what you have”. My friends, it is available to us all. What I have is the Holy Spirit - my confidant, my teacher, my intercessor, my counselor, my shoulder, my power – my God in me. And, I remember saying those same words to my friend all those years ago, “I want what you have”, and it was given.

Are you tired of doing things “your way”, and doing them over and over? Have you come to the conclusion that there is truly something better for you? Are you weary and tired?  

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” ~Matthew 11:28 (New International Version)

He is waiting and is calling your name. And, He knew before you were born that you would need Him, so He did an amazing and wonderful thing.

"This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn't go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again. Anyone who trusts in him is acquitted; anyone who refuses to trust him has long since been under the death sentence without knowing it. And why? Because of that person's failure to believe in the one-of-a-kind Son of God when introduced to him.” ~John 3:16-18 (The Message)

It takes no time to come to Him, and He will draw you nearer as you grow in His strength and power. Go to Him.

“God blesses those people who are merciful. They will be treated with mercy! God blesses those people whose hearts are pure. They will see Him! God blesses those people who make peace. They will be called His children!” Matthew 5:7-9 (Contemporary English Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me